Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aggressive Tunes and Premature Wear?

Has anyone associated running more aggressive tunes with premature wear on internals or parts such as turbos, bearings, pistons, etc?

Currently on a decently mild Cobb Stage 2, and interested in a Dizzy Tune, but unclear what the long term affects may be on my engine and components.

Se7eN

Has anyone associated running more aggressive tunes with premature wear on internals or parts such as turbos, bearings, pistons, etc?

Currently on a decently mild Cobb Stage 2, and interested in a Dizzy Tune, but unclear what the long term affects may be on my engine and components.
The long term effect is more fun and lower gas millage from flooring it all the time.

Also might wear out the clutch sooner as it will have more torque.

Tunes are generally safe- to reach premature wear, you would have to work with some really shady tuners. I've only heard great things about Dizzy, and wanted to drop off my car with him for installs and a full dyno tune since I live in NYC, but life got in my way for a while- then I manage the install myself this past weekend. I am now just waiting for a Black Friday sale to get myself a Dizzy tune- but by then I would be in TX.. so ETune only....