Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air tec radiator and grill question

Hey guys
Looking to upgrade my radiator to an air tec one
Has anyone used this and seen great results
Also is there any use removing the lower honeycomb part of the grill for air flow

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I live in Florida where the summers are hot, humid and brutal and my stock, recall-updated 2014 FiST has zero issues. I bought a Mountune but haven't installed it yet. When I decide I am heading to the track I will likely put it in because of heat soak from laps but in daily driving you shouldn't need an updated radiator or a ridiculous grill delete.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
I live in Florida where the summers are hot, humid and brutal and my stock, recall-updated 2014 FiST has zero issues. I bought a Mountune but haven't installed it yet. When I decide I am heading to the track I will likely put it in because of heat soak from laps but in daily driving you shouldn't need an updated radiator or a ridiculous grill delete.

Fair enough thats strange as a lot of Americas seem to have issues with the stock radiator but thats great to hear yours is fine
Also not sure possibly flowing more air through an engine bay thats runs very hot esp when running a bigger turbo is ridiculous bud

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Fair enough thats strange as a lot of Americas seem to have issues with the stock radiator but thats great to hear yours is fine
Also not sure possibly flowing more air through an engine bay thats runs very hot esp when running a bigger turbo is ridiculous bud
You're messing with aerodynamics that Ford invested millions in. That's not the answer, but it's your car.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
You're messing with aerodynamics that Ford invested millions in. That's not the answer, but it's your car.

Opening the grill might make it less fuel efficient but it won’t be slower.

OP
L
Thread Starter #6

They did it for fuel economy like they do for the oil grade 5w20
When ford mechanics in the UK say 5w30 is a better oil for these engines
Ford dont do everything the best way

Those millions should of been spend on a better radiator and inter cooler that heat soaks on standard tune in the UK let alone u.s

Woods247

2000 Post Club

Those millions should of been spend on a better radiator and inter cooler that heat soaks on standard tune in the UK let alone u.s
When my car was stock it would get hot sitting in traffic with the AC on. Atlanta in August is in the 90s with 100% humidity. My first mods were radiator, thermostat and intercooler. I opened the grill after installing a taller IC and crashbar from Deadhook. It’s a time consuming messy job for sure. 8EF09CFF-5D27-4AE7-AAA4-0F9B0B8995EE.jpeg

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
L
When my car was stock it would get hot sitting in traffic with the AC on. Atlanta in August is in the 90s with 100% humidity. My first mods were radiator, thermostat and intercooler. I opened the grill after installing a taller IC and crashbar from Deadhook. It’s a time consuming messy job for sure. View attachment 47443
Looks good man
What radiator you using? Thats some disgust humidity
Your vehicle running a lot better now then even in those temperature

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When my car was stock it would get hot sitting in traffic with the AC on. Atlanta in August is in the 90s with 100% humidity. My first mods were radiator, thermostat and intercooler. I opened the grill after installing a taller IC and crashbar from Deadhook. It’s a time consuming messy job for sure. View attachment 47443
Wanna put canards of my FiST?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
L
Looks good man
What radiator you using? Thats some disgust humidity
Your vehicle running a lot better now then even in those temperature
It’s made by Mishimoto as is my thermostat. They were the only cooling products available here in the US when I was at that stage. Seems like others have good luck with Mountune but it isn’t as big. The Mishi is the absolute largest that’ll fit and I can still use the Motorcraft 400s oil filters. It was super simple to bleed too. I’ve had mixed experiences with their products but the radiator has been fine.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Wanna put canards of my FiST?
Talk about drag. I can feel those things at 60mph. I’m actually gonna run Road Atlanta without them next week to see if I can gain a few mph at the top of 5th into 6th. If I manage over 132mph and T1/5/12 are still balanced, they’ll stay off at that track.

To answer your question, gladly!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Wait, I thought that all of the FiST manuals/reccs on the other side of the pond actually demanded a 5W-30 to begin with. [???:)]

Or was that just for mainland Europe with their (limited sections) high speed Auto; Bahns, Stradas, Routes, and not cooler clime, lower speed roads England?? [dunno]

OP
L
Thread Starter #15
Wait, I thought that all of the FiST manuals/reccs on the other side of the pond actually demanded a 5W-30 to begin with. [???:)]

Or was that just for mainland Europe with their (limited sections) high speed Auto; Bahns, Stradas, Routes, and not cooler clime, lower speed roads England?? [dunno]
No matey it says 5w20 recommended in our books
Some people run 5w20 on a big turbo and wonder why it went bang
Def not recommended by mechanics or tuners
Generally 5w30 for a standard tune or a big turbo depending on who you ask as some recommended a slightly thicker oil

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No matey it says 5w20 recommended in our books
Some people run 5w20 on a big turbo and wonder why it went bang
Def not recommended by mechanics or tuners
Generally 5w30 for a standard tune or a big turbo depending on who you ask as some recommended a slightly thicker oil
Na...they create an artificial window in their engine block because they detonate with a shitty tune or lift the head from too much boost...NOT because of motor oil.

OP
L
Thread Starter #17
Na...they create an artificial window in their engine block because they detonate with a shitty tune or lift the head from too much boost...NOT because of motor oil.
Only going off mechanics who work on these engines stock and some of the most reputable tuners in the UK bud

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Only going off mechanics who work on these engines stock and some of the most reputable tuners in the UK bud
Going off 'Murica Tuners/Builders.... forum peeps and personal experiences....Mate*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk