Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

An Alternate position for Water/Meth injection.

Recently mounted the Mountune 3 pass radiator in my FiST. BTW, an excellent unit but I would advise anyone doing this job take a small wire tie and use it to secure the hood latch cable so it doesn't get bumped out of it's clip.

Part of hte procedure for doing is is to remove the Symposer and intake tube to the throttle body. Putting everything back together and got to the point of mounting the symposer and I'm looking at this port in the intake and that rubber hose you can slide the symposer delete into. That got me thinking that this could be a location we could use for the water/meth injector nozzle. Yeah, it's set back a bit from the air stream going to the throttle body but the injector likely has more than enough "juice" to squirt into the actual airflow and the Bernoulli effect will also act to put some suction into this branch, so the mix will make it into the intake ports.

As for why going there, it's pretty simple to get too, so everything can be done from the top of the car and it would only take about 10 minutes at most to install. BTW, my thought is to get the Boomba Symposer delete plug and drill and tap that to mount the injector. So, just throwing this out there to see of something sticks, look forward to the replies.

PS; disconnected the cabin tube for the symposer just to see the difference and find I like the no symposer sound better, so I'll be ordering the Whoosh plug soon. As for the water/meth, I want that to clean my intake valves. Going back to the early 90's I had an Edelbrock Water Vapor Injection system mounted to the carburetor on my Monte Carlo SS to used while towing and found on that engine it kept both the intake valves and combustion chambers spotless. BTW, added Methanol to the water to act as an anti-freeze. Pulled the original 305 at 192,000 miles to replace it with a fully built 350 and when I pulled the heads on the 305 the intakes, pistons, and combustion chambers were spotless.