Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Drone Question (with a twist)

So I'm looking for some information/advice on what to do/get.

First off, I am aware that Thermal is the "best" exhaust available for our vehicles. Having said that, I find it hard to justify spending $800~ on something which gives virtually no performance gains. All I want is a bit deeper/throatier exhaust note with little to no drone. Here is the twist; I had a sub-woofer installed and the speaker box takes up virtually all of my trunk area. Additionally, I had the entire spare tire area covered with dynamat.

So, how will this effect drone? Can I just go with a new muffler and if so any recommendations?

Anyway; thx in advance guys.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy once....Cry once. You already know what I have. Its has been Cermaic coated front to back....except for the Tips of course. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

So I'm looking for some information/advice on what to do/get.

All I want is a bit deeper/throatier exhaust note with little to no drone. Can I just go with a new muffler and if so any recommendations?

Anyway; thx in advance guys.
If your exhaust pipes are in good condition, then it probably makes sense to just change to a universal muffler. A 2.25" stainless straight-thru will likely fit the bill. On the recommendation of another member (Pro5_0nr), I installed a Totalflow 14x5x8" oval universal muffler. It does have a deeper tone but you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference from the inside. There are a couple of sample clips in this other thread https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/whos-got-a-magnaflow-muffler-on-2-5-custom-tubing.22932/page-2
Both our experiences are about the same, even though I got the shorter 14" muffler. This route, with a new tip and installation will cost ~$120.

A cheaper alternative is to cut out the resonator and weld on a pipe, and keep the stock muffler but then you might run into the issue you're trying to avoid.

DEss.