Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another fast AccessPort review

New member here. My ST has abut 900 miles on it and I received the Cobb AP yesterday. It is everything that has been said. It was OBVIOUS the difference across the board, as well as the torque truncation being removed. I am pretty sure I could launch faster even though wheelspin in first can be tricky.

I did two pulls on a Dynojet 240 today and saw 175/204, 176/205 before. Re-flashed to the 93 oct map and pulled 181/225, 182, 229 It should be noted that horsepower was as much as 13bhp over the stock map at one point.

And oh boy you can really light em up in reverse now!!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Also your AP and ECU will work better after the ECU learns so if you did the flash without letting the ECU learn after it may even get better in the butt dyno ;)

I need to get one too. I think I'll get the kit that some sell that includes the drop in air filter.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just installed mine about a hour ago, and it was super easy. Took it on some back roads and totally felt the difference. What I really want to see is the highway driving change. I normally would shift down to 5th to overtake, not because I needed to but more because I liked the feeling. Haha. But I want to see if I can keep it in 6th and just overtake no problem.

But so far, I love it. Dropping in the filter probably tomorrow sometime.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
But you can uninstall the AP every time you go to your dealership. So they won't be able to tell something was changed.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've hard both sides of that story. I've heard certain companies care and others don't. But like somebody before on here if something goes wrong they have to prove it was done by the AP, which will be extremely hard. They still have to cover the warranty, at least that's how I had it explained.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
All they have to do is say the ecu was tampered with, and your warranty is gone. It's a risk you have to be willing to take

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well I just installed mine today, and it has about 3,300 miles on it. So I'm hoping when my first oil change comes around it doesn't raise any questions.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Basic stuff like that is no big deal. They won't know it's there unless they actually look for it.
I've had mine on since 400 miles, so far so good! (4010 on the clock)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Very nice. Fingers are always crossed nothing major goes wrong with it, although it's always a possibility. But oil changes and all that routine stuff, under warranty, is what I'm more worried about at the moment.

But anybody on the fence about this product, just buy it. It's amazing.

Another silly question, anybody have a guide on installing the drop in filter from Cobb? I can't find any, and I'm not the most mechanical person in the world.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Very nice. Fingers are always crossed nothing major goes wrong with it, although it's always a possibility. But oil changes and all that routine stuff, under warranty, is what I'm more worried about at the moment.

Another silly question, anybody have a guide on installing the drop in filter from Cobb? I can't find any, and I'm not the most mechanical person in the world.
Disconnect the hose clamp holding the intake pipe to the box. Remove 4 hex screws on top of box, remove paper filter, drop cobbs in, reverse the steps to put everything together

airjor13

2000 Post Club

Search Fiesta ST air filter install, all the videos are the same basic idea, trust me if will only take 10 minutes max