Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Fiesta Autocross Win

This Sunday I competed at South Bend Regions Autocross event held at The Tire Rack in South Bend, Indiana. After losing a bolt from the driver side front brake caliper on my first run that resulted in the caliper sliding off the brake rotor, I went on to post a class winning run of 34.883 seconds. I ran in STX which usually only has about three cars but the class this event had 8. I won by .8 seconds. It was a fun event. Would like to give a special thanks to my sponsors Zamp Racing Helmets and Pierce Motorsports.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsaPMTYL7M
[video=youtube;xNsaPMTYL7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsaPMTYL7M[/video]

Good job on the win! Looks like that DNF at the end cost you the PAX victory for your class, though. Both the Pettys and the WRX driver pulled above you on PAX scoring there. Very well done, though! Not often do you hear about a Fiesta winning in STX.

Also, I hear a BOV in your videos. Technically that should re-class you to SMF or CSP. Nobody is contesting you it sounds like (Though they could), but by the rules you'd be one of those classes. Are you also tuned? If so, you should definitely be re-classed. I recall you saying you had an AP now. Not sure if you ran it here. If you did, then it isn't a clean victory.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
No Aftermarket BOV on the car. I have an external mic that I route underneath the hood hence why you can hear the stock one going off. Tuner was off the car here as well. I was running the stock software per your advice when you mentioned I would have to change classes and I didn't want to go to CSP. Also I still finished above the Pettys and the WRX driver. I finished 31st in PAX. http://live.axti.me/live/56e5dc6b10142e0e0079bd9e/57b8d4e80743b13c0763b77d

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The factory BPV is externally vented, or is it that even though it is recirculating, one can hear it working if listening closely enough, or with a quiet enough exhaust system? [dunno]

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
The factory BPV is externally vented, or is it that even though it is recirculating, one can hear it working if listening closely enough, or with a quiet enough exhaust system? [dunno]
It vents to the intake from my understanding. But with the stock exhaust you can hear it when you get on it. You can hear it well in my video because I have the mike very near the intake pipe. I placed it there randomly one day when I was doing some rest videos and liked that you could hear it so well.