Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another meth question

TemecFist

Quick question for those of you smarter than me and that have used meth.
I have a Snow stage 2 kit laying around and have decided to install it on the Fiesta. Can I just use the Boomba TB spacer for the meth nozzle? I know the best location is right after the intercooler, but is it ok to use the TB spacer instead? I have and was originally going to use the CPE meth pipe, but it wont fit in my setup. I already have a sandwich plate on the oil filter (oil temp and pressure guage) so the oil filter will not go back on with the plate and the CPE pipe, theres just no room. I'm not tuning for the meth, I'm just going to use it for intake temps, etc. Also, any recommendations on what size injector to begin with?

Thank alot fellas!!!

Erick_V

If you're using it for just temps and not tuning it to make more power then that placement will be perfectly fine. The main benefit of plumbing it before the sensor would be for the ECU to see the lower temps. I've never ran meth but planned on it I ran into the same issue as you. Impossible to fit an aftermarket cold pipe in there with an upgraded rad and FL400s lol. There was a member here that ran a Jegs remote filter mount and mounted it to the frame rail. That would free a lot of room and still allow you to run your sensors. Part number was 555-51715 (Jegs). I'm still trying to figure out a game plan for all of that too

Found it!

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/remote-oil-filter-installed.21639/

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #3
If you're using it for just temps and not tuning it to make more power then that placement will be perfectly fine. The main benefit of plumbing it before the sensor would be for the ECU to see the lower temps. I've never ran meth but planned on it I ran into the same issue as you. Impossible to fit an aftermarket cold pipe in there with an upgraded rad and FL400s lol. There was a member here that ran a Jegs remote filter mount and mounted it to the frame rail. That would free a lot of room and still allow you to run your sensors. Part number was 555-51715 (Jegs). I'm still trying to figure out a game plan for all of that too

Found it!

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/remote-oil-filter-installed.21639/
Awesome! Thanks alot my friend. I dont know of this will help you, but in my case, if I just added an external oil cooler, it would solve my issues. Right now, I have a sandwich plate on top of the factory "sandwich plate" (for the factory oil cooler). If I removed the factory oil cooler plate, and just used a Mishimoto oil cooler plate, I would have enough room, even with my Mountune radiator. Maybe this could help you? Just a thought. Either way, thanks again!!!

Erick_V

Awesome! Thanks alot my friend. I dont know of this will help you, but in my case, if I just added an external oil cooler, it would solve my issues. Right now, I have a sandwich plate on top of the factory "sandwich plate" (for the factory oil cooler). If I removed the factory oil cooler plate, and just used a Mishimoto oil cooler plate, I would have enough room, even with my Mountune radiator. Maybe this could help you? Just a thought. Either way, thanks again!!!
I see what you're saying. I may have to look more into that!