Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another redlinegoods padded custom armrest cover review

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folk,

My Boomba shorty shifter necessitated a padded armrest as my elbow is now banging on the hard OEM one....made my own a few weeks ago which was perfect but then I thought hey how bout 2 tone and real leather so I ordered one from redlinegoods.com.

It took about 2 weeks to get here. Communication was good. Leather and stitching is high quality. It almost matches the colors I was going for, close enough for me. The padding is extra charge and it's nothing special, in my DIY one I had some padding which I could have reused but I figured maybe RLG had some better quality....they didn't, for $12 extra IIRC it's junk....anyhow save your money and get your own padding from Hobby Lobby or something.

Rather than glue I chose to use duct tape (not "duck tape") - the air conditioning stuff, high quality super sticky easy to work with and cut to size metallic tape. It worked great and holds strong, plus if I ever remove it or adjust it it will be a cinch. With this product install was 20 minutes. I recommend the tape over glue - it is very forgiving and hides completely once you put the armrest back on the car.

I'm pretty happy with this mod.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Quick update, I decided to add some more padding that I had lying around, I added a few thin strips on the sides and it looks and feels much better, imho redline should offer cut to size side pieces as well, but I recommend making your own as I did.

Jeff, did you go black/grey or charcoal/grey? I'm about to order basically the same one, but with the grey in the middle, and want the black part to match as close as possible to the Recaros.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Jeff, did you go black/grey or charcoal/grey? I'm about to order basically the same one, but with the grey in the middle, and want the black part to match as close as possible to the Recaros.
I copy pasted my order below. These were the colors that appeared to best match my seats. It's not perfect but close. I am very happy with it. I think if I'd gone black instead of charcoal it would be too dark and less close to the actual seat color. But who knows.

I recommend you get some extra padding for the sides like I did, it feels and looks way better than when I just did the top padding, as you can see in my pictures on my various posts.

Post pics once you install! You will enjoy this mod I am sure!

Description:Fiesta 2011-16: armrest cover, Charcoal/Light gray leather, White thread ( PADDING 6/8 ).
Unit price: $63.90 USD
Qty: 1
Amount: $63.90 USD

Looks good man! I can speak on the black or charcoal question.. If you're trying to match the seats, go black. It's perfect. I have one too but without padding it. Wish I did now.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Looks good man! I can speak on the black or charcoal question.. If you're trying to match the seats, go black. It's perfect. I have one too but without padding it. Wish I did now.
Thanks! Post a pic of that black, that will help me because I may order more goodies from them.

I suggest removing yours and putting some padding in, it's a very nice upgrade.

I copy pasted my order below. These were the colors that appeared to best match my seats. It's not perfect but close. I am very happy with it. I think if I'd gone black instead of charcoal it would be too dark and less close to the actual seat color. But who knows.

I recommend you get some extra padding for the sides like I did, it feels and looks way better than when I just did the top padding, as you can see in my pictures on my various posts.

Post pics once you install! You will enjoy this mod I am sure!

Description:Fiesta 2011-16: armrest cover, Charcoal/Light gray leather, White thread ( PADDING 6/8 ).
Unit price: $63.90 USD
Qty: 1
Amount: $63.90 USD
Will do. I've already got a bunch of soft foam laying around from an old project on my last Wrangler, so I'll order the Charcoal/grey/silver and add the foam when it gets here. That plastic armrest is one of the few things that annoys me.