Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any real-world input on a vinyl wrap?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Was thinking about trying to source a "manufacturer camo" wrap for my car, for the lulz. Where I live there are factory camo'd cars driving around constantly; there are a ton of fisker's, some toyotas, and the occasional tesla test mule. I dig the camo pattern and though it might be neat :D

How is it to live with a vinyl-wrapped car? My car is 2017 sparkly white (forget the color name, I just didn't want black). It's more expensive than I thought, but they say it lasts for *years* (I thought I'd be lucky with it lasting ONE year in So Cal sun).

*I know driving around in a factory camo car is ridiculous; I already have giant googly eyes stuck to my rear hatch, and my old fiat 500 had "toad" from super mario brothers all huge across the rear hatch. I am ok with ridiculous ;)

Have you considered liquid wraps as well? They’re cheaper, and more durable from what I’ve heard and been told.

I have some real life experience with vinyl and its not as tough as paint. I had a 2001 Audi A4 and replaced the drivers door since the door locks were broken (long story cheaper to buy a used door than to buy parts to fix/reason I have all american cars now). It was wrapped with 3M and was maintained as follows. I would hand wash the car every month and use turtle wax spray wax every other wash. Also hosed off the entire car as much as possible during the winter. Within a year and a half the wrap was starting to fade and looked dull, many spots look terrible while the factory paint still looks ok for a 15 year old car. This is just my experience with it, hope that helps.

Also located in NY and the car I'm talking about was Silver.

you can ceramic coat the wrap to get some extra life and protection. just dont expect paint quality.