Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any tricks to adjust ESC in any way

Mikey456

Any tricks to adjust ESC in any way, either in standard or sport or off mode? Thanks, Dave
Somebody on the forum was selling a device that turned on the sport mode automatically or turned off traction control on startup. Have not seen it in awhile. Maybe someone else can chime on who is making it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Somebody on the forum was selling a device that turned on the sport mode automatically or turned off traction control on startup. Have not seen it in awhile. Maybe someone else can chime on who is making it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this may be the thread re the Accessport's options: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/cobb-traction-control-vs-stratified-traction-control.17813/

I haven't played with mine yet. Would be interested in hearing feedback from those who have.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
I think this may be the thread re the Accessport's options: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/cobb-traction-control-vs-stratified-traction-control.17813/
I haven't played with mine yet. Would be interested in hearing feedback from those who have.
Thanks for the reply... I may play around with setting up the COBB TC, it pulls ignition timing. The OEM ESC does a lot of braking stability stuff, and pulls ETC, didn't know if there was any way to mess with it.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Thanks, but I'm familiar with COBB TC and also through AccessTuner, pretty much parameters to pull timing based on % of Front to Rear wheelspeed and trimmed for vehicle speed and other parameters, with the 1-8 being a multiplier setup. ECS is something else, although it does have a wheel spin ETC cut. Trying to figure out what tricks there may be to tune it. Other than sport mode or off (mostly) mode. Not sure if it has been done, but certainly should be possible with some sort of tool available out there.

I curious what you don't like about the stock setups? or are you just looking to tweak it on a fine level?

I'm a big fan of "sport" + cobb traction on a mild setting. it gets around the open LSD and chassis negatives as well as possible. I can do figure 8 slides on snow with control, but if I turn it all off it's almost impossible to do in a controlled way.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
I curious what you don't like about the stock setups? or are you just looking to tweak it on a fine level?

I'm a big fan of "sport" + cobb traction on a mild setting. it gets around the open LSD and chassis negatives as well as possible. I can do figure 8 slides on snow with control, but if I turn it all off it's almost impossible to do in a controlled way.
I’d like to dial down the intrusiveness in sport, perhaps cut it in half, I would use that on the Autocross course. There has to be a way to get in there and make adjustments. When the car gets say 10% out of shape entering a section of the course, the Sport reacts a little too much and interferes with the next section coming up. If this was reduced then we can find a sweet spot.