Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anybody have this paint issue? Just discovered it and how Do i get ford to fix it?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Me and many others have had problems with the paint.

The only thing you can do is go to the dealer and have them make a warranty claim and see if it gets approved or denied. Some of us have had better luck than others.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=74193&share_type=t&link_source=app

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TemecFist

Yep, everyone has it. Mine goes to the dealer on the 21st to have it repainted......under warranty.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Has anybody pulled their interior panels to inspect for defects? I’m going to Ford on the 16th for them to take pictures, they want me to point them to any issues.

Seems like all flaws are at the bottom of panels where water collects. At least in my case.
Pics? Never noticed. I'm curious though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jkillah

Thread Starter #8
Upon closer inspection, the corrosion is more wide spread in my case. I originally thought the issue was only towards the bottom of the effected panels.

I’ll keep this thread updated, but Ford was receptive on the phone to repairing this. I should know more next week.

For science, I attached some pictures.
I have the same issue although not as bad

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Based on the color I doubt you still have your warranty, so you're probably out of luck when it comes to Ford. If it makes you feel better everyone has paint troubles with Ford cars, including myself
Not everyone but many! I have only one small (1/8 x 1/16 inch) chip on the hood I got the first year. 2016 ST w/ 40K miles. I think color has lots to do with paint problems. Wife's 2019 Kona Blue Mustang already has 4 rock chips 1 year old and only 11K miles.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ford approved, and fixed/repainted my whole roof for the antenna area bubbling.
But they flat out denied all of the inside of the door, hatch and hood seam bubbling/defects.

I'm guessing that they would fight you in court about this as well.
Since that would still cost them less than basically rebuilding, and repainting the whole car, which is what would have to be done with new, bare doors, hatch, and hood in order to fix this, at least according to all on here. [:(] [mad]

I’ve been lucky with my white 2015 FiST... no paint issues that I’ve noticed. On the other hand, my wife’s 2014 Escape, in Ruby Red Metallic, had problems like the ones you pictured at the bottoms of three doors and the hatch. Ford repainted these areas under warranty, but told us that any further paint fixes wouldn’t be covered.

FB

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I’ve been lucky with my white 2015 FiST... no paint issues that I’ve noticed. On the other hand, my wife’s 2014 Escape, in Ruby Red Metallic, had problems like the ones you pictured at the bottoms of three doors and the hatch. Ford repainted these areas under warranty, but told us that any further paint fixes wouldn’t be covered.

FB
I think the paint colors make a difference. Some like Kona Blue seem to chip easily and the White Platinum seems not to chip so easily. On the other hand seem lots of paint problems have rust issues in seams. Some seem to be poor prep.

Ford approved, and fixed/repainted my whole roof for the antenna area bubbling.
But they flat out denied all of the inside of the door, hatch and hood seam bubbling/defects.

I'm guessing that they would fight you in court about this as well.
Since that would still cost them less than basically rebuilding, and repainting the whole car, which is what would have to be done with new, bare doors, hatch, and hood in order to fix this, at least according to all on here. [:(] [mad]
They are stupid anal when it comes to certain interior or exterior trim/paint defects, it's dumb. Like to the point they issued service bulletins dumb. Hoping to maybe get my roof covered (tree sap and damn birds), but doubt it. As for OP, 36k miles or 3 years for body. Past that, SOL sadly.

Great car ruined by shoddy manufacturing. My 2017 with 19k miles (southern car, original owner), has the hatch bubbling in multiple areas by the seams and chips by the trim piece holding the license plate lights.
Looks like the door seams are starting as well, quite horrible on Ford's part.
This is poor initial prep as opposed to paint issues IMO.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As an update - Ford denied honoring the warranty. They said because the corrosion wasn’t through both sides of the panel, it didn’t qualify.

It seems like I’m about to get a lesson in how to apply rust encapsulator.

OP, hopefully you have better luck than me.
The exact thing they told me....i was like OK. Left them a scathing review on Google. Service manager/ owner called me and asked me if we could talk about it and remove it. I was like NOPE....you denied me and this is a reminder how you guys treat people and the quality of product you peddle to unknowing people and then screw them in the end.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As an update - Ford denied honoring the warranty. They said because the corrosion wasn’t through both sides of the panel, it didn’t qualify.

It seems like I’m about to get a lesson in how to apply rust encapsulator.

OP, hopefully you have better luck than me.
Here is my Google review....

Check out this review of Apple Ford Lincoln Apple Valley on Google Maps
https://goo.gl/maps/TdYWriRCrU5hFkrc6

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was under the impression that Ford Corporate were the ones who made the determination of approval/denial about warranty claims. I am very uneducated in this area. So, it’s the dealer who makes the determination?
I was told that they submit the phone pics that they take of your problem to Ford Corporate, and that yes, THEY have the final say on whether or not it is covered.

Now whether or not the dealer themselves can opt to fix it on their OWN dime (IF
ANY of them would EVER do that, even for a lifelong loyal customer [histerical]), Idon't know. [dunno]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Based on the color I doubt you still have your warranty, so you're probably out of luck when it comes to Ford. If it makes you feel better everyone has paint troubles with Ford cars, including myself
No "eveyone" does not have paint problems...................

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was told that they submit the phone pics that they take of your problem to Ford Corporate, and that yes, THEY have the final say on whether or not it is covered.

Now whether or not the dealer themselves can opt to fix it on their OWN dime (IF
ANY of them would EVER do that, even for a lifelong loyal customer [histerical]), Idon't know. [dunno]
My claim was denied by the dealer NOT Fomoco. The dealer told me it was Fomoco who denied me. I spoke to Fomoco Customer service and they said Oh no...we said yes and they told you NO. I left a scathing review of the dealership on Google that stands to this day. The Owner has called me....The Shop Manager of the Body and Mechanical also called me to have a sit down and i flat out NEVER responded. That was the nail in the coffin for me NEVER buying a brand new Fomoco product every again.