Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anybody use the new RTS clutch kit from Whoosh??

Looking for first-hand opinions on this RTS kit:
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/all-fiesta-parts/products/rts-performance-twin-friction-clutch-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st

I ordered one of these kits because I read that they were very popular in the UK. I should have done some research first because I can't actually find anybody running them in the UK or anywhere else. I could only find one person who posted about the kit and long story short they had to threaten RTS with a lawsuit to get their money back after they were sent a bad clutch. So now I'm super worried about quality issues and customer support and wondering if I should cancel this order and go with another brand? I need something that can handle around 400ftlbs.

Lays

Spec stage 3+ is supposed to hold 408 ft lb, could do that if you're not sure about the RTS kit.

I'm curious as well because I have a spec stage 3+ rigid disc, but can't install it because OEM flywheels are out of stock everywhere.

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #3
Spec stage 3+ is supposed to hold 408 ft lb, could do that if you're not sure about the RTS kit.

I'm curious as well because I have a spec stage 3+ rigid disc, but can't install it because OEM flywheels are out of stock everywhere.
I see a lot of guys saying they were able to resurface their flywheel, but I don’t see how when the OEM flywheel is a dual mass. As far as I know you can’t resurface dual mass flywheels.

Lays

I see a lot of guys saying they were able to resurface their flywheel, but I don’t see how when the OEM flywheel is a dual mass. As far as I know you can’t resurface dual mass flywheels.
Some machine shops have specialized equipment that can, but it's not recommended apparently.

Two local shops told me it's always best to replace, but said they haven't had any issues resurfacing dual mass yet.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Unless your flywheel is damaged just reuse it. That is what I will do, and have always done. How many problems have I had Zero.

My brother has 300,000 miles on his dual mass flywheel. When he bought the car it had 123,000 miles on it, and he learned how to drive a manual on that car. 2005 Ford Focus.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Lays

Unless your flywheel is damaged just reuse it. That is what I will do, and have always done. How many problems have I had Zero.

My brother has 300,000 miles on his dual mass flywheel. When he bought the car it had 123,000 miles on it, and he learned how to drive a manual on that car. 2005 Ford Focus.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It's definitely damaged, I've been drag racing my car for almost a year straight, clutch has slipped on/off multiple times. I'm sure my flywheel looks like torched titanium now, lmao