Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone ever run into this issue?

So I have my transmission apart and I grazed my hand along this piece in picture 1 idk what it’s called and it felt loose. So I decided to take it off and I noticed it was missing part of two plastic prongs that hold it into the piece in picture number three. So I then looked in the hole it goes in and saw the broken piece. I tried to grab it with tweezers and it took off. I can’t seem to find it. Do I say screw it and put the transmission back together, fill it with fluid, drain it and hope I find it in the drain pan or start ripping everything out of the transmission. I really really don’t want to do option number two.

Attachments

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #3
I think it's a breather/vent cap. If I were in your shoes, personally I'd replace the cap and not worry about where the piece went.

Edit: CV6Z-7L282-A
Thanks for the advice and part number. I’m gonna just run with it. Just having trouble finding that part in stock unfortunately.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the advice and part number. I’m gonna just run with it. Just having trouble finding that part in stock unfortunately.
I've had better luck calling my local dealer and ordering that way. Way faster than any online place. Longest I've waited for a part was 4 days.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #6
I've had better luck calling my local dealer and ordering that way. Way faster than any online place. Longest I've waited for a part was 4 days.
Thanks for the suggestion. My anxiety was on overload yesterday for sure and I feel much better now. I took your advice and contacted Litchfield Ford which isn’t too far from me. They were able to order it for me ($28) and it should be available for me to pick it up this Friday which works out perfect. Thanks again Jabbit and Jason@dizzytuning for the support it’s greatly appreciated by this back yard mechanic.