Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have catback only (no tune) dyno plots for a MAPerformance 2.5"?

Just curious if anyone has actual before/after plots for a stock tune 2015 or 2016 FiST with the MAPerformance 2.5" catback. From what I've read so far, its the only one with measurable gains on stock downpipe and stock turbo cars.

TUX15ST

I have the map catback currently and wasnt always tuned but never logged it, but im pretty sure it didnt make much difference besides sound. I will be selling it shortly though if your in the market for one!

Also currently running the MAP catback. Fit and finish is excellent, sounds great, i'm not sure I picked up much. I don't have before and after dynos sorry. :(

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I figured as much, a bit of snake oil on the website about 20hp gains. Glad it sounds good though. How much are you selling yours for sir? I'm working on a deal for a new one at 585 right now through a vendor.

Zissou

I do not have the information you're looking for, but I can vouch for the great sound of the exhaust and fit & finish. This was the last mod I did (in May of 2016) and I am very, very happy with this purchase.

I have the map catback currently and wasnt always tuned but never logged it, but im pretty sure it didnt make much difference besides sound. I will be selling it shortly though if your in the market for one!
i would be in the market.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Does anyone know the weight of the stock rear muffler by itself?

I figured as much, a bit of snake oil on the website about 20hp gains. Glad it sounds good though. How much are you selling yours for sir? I'm working on a deal for a new one at 585 right now through a vendor.
FWIW, I was following their R&D thread when they were designing the catback, and they did post those results (and graphs?) in that thread. Many called them out about the gains and they even went back and took off the exhaust and did additional testing and posted the same results when they put the exhaust back on. I was not there when the testing was done and don't know what really happened, but they also released a downpipe in that same R&D thread and said they had no gains from it. I actually believe that they did produce those results when they were doing their testing, being how transparent they were with everything else, although it is very odd because most other aftermarket exhaust companies are producing nowhere near those types of gains.

I plan on purchasing the MAP exhaust when I am ready (~2 months), not because of the gains but because it is my favorite design (I like the straight through muffler and that the tips don't stick too far out the back like Cobb), looks the best and is one of the best sounding, in my opinion. When I purchase this exhaust I do plan on doing before and after vdyno comparisons although you will probably have already made a decision by that point.

I tend to believe what they said on their site. They've been a quality shop for a number of years now. This exhaust is on my short list but reports of drone noise have it dropping in my list.

I do not have the information you're looking for, but I can vouch for the great sound of the exhaust and fit & finish. This was the last mod I did (in May of 2016) and I am very, very happy with this purchase.
This guy also has purple wheels, so take his advice with a grain of salt. Clearly someone who doesn't mind a little attention. [rofl]

JK, man. I saw/heard you leaving the C-ville cars and coffee this weekend. Nice little event you guys have there. Good to see a couple FiSTs in the mix too.

will be coming off today if your still in the market!
Hey sorry,
A $1500.00 wedding deposit came up this week so i'm out of the running. Dropped my budget by a couple hundred bucks. Love the exhaust though. Someone needs to buy it before I figure out how I can.