Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have experience with auto-Xand bilstein B14s

Like the title says, I'm looking into getting a set of coilovers, specifically the B14s, I heard it's a much more comfortable ride than stock, but what I really would like to know is how these coilovers handle in auto-x and what other options there are.

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #5
Have you looked at B8’s?
I have, but the cost of the B8s+springs is only a few hundred cheaper, figured just .....spring.... for the B14s. Any reason to avoid the B14s in salt slush?

B8’s are a sealed unit but not adjustable. I have them with Mountune springs (Club Sport). No muss no fuss. Coilovers + Boston winters= Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten coilovers

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #7
B8’s are a sealed unit but not adjustable. I have them with Mountune springs (Club Sport). No muss no fuss. Coilovers + Boston winters= Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten coilovers
duly noted. Will look into springs/damper combos.

Mountune rigorously tests their products before releasing them. You know they’ll work properly. Other than that it’s hit or miss aside from anecdotal evidence and opinion.

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #15
I've got it narrowed down to Koni Sports+stock springs or swift springs + oem dampers. classing doesn't matter to me, I run locally.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
What's the difference between B6 vs B4. TireRack lists the B4 as OEM replacements.
The B4 is a OEM replacement. My Wife's Mazda came from the factory with Bilstein shocks the replacement would be the B4.
The B6 is a upgrade. The B8 was built for lowering springs. Of course I know the Swift springs are lowering springs, but they were designed to work with a factory height damper they don't lower the car that much.

"This is a very common question!

There is a big difference between them, not just the colour!

Bilstein B4 dampers are classed as a replacement damper, this means they are a direct replacement shock absorber of the original factory fitted shocks. In some cases however oil shock absorbers are fitted as standard on some vehicles so the B4 is effectively an upgrade as it's a gas pressurized damper. These dampers are painted Black.

Bilstein B6 is an uprated shock absorber and is sometimes know as Bilstein B6 Sport. These have been extensively developed to give a sporty ride without lowering your vehicle. Generally they are a mono tube high pressure gas shock absorber meaning consistent performance and a sporty ride. These dampers are painted yellow.

This is just a very basic explanation without going into technical detail."

https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/b...ifference-between-bilstein-b4-and-bilstein-b6

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I've been running B6s with the Swifts and am very happy with them, so far.
I would recommend ditching any rear swaybar/torsion bar you might have on there, as the Swift's much more aggressive rear spring rate gave me some pretty crazy lift off oversteer (compared to stock, or stock with torsion beam) when I had it fitted. YMMV.

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #19
I would recommend ditching any rear swaybar/torsion bar you might have on there, as the Swift's much more aggressive rear spring rate gave me some pretty crazy lift off oversteer (compared to stock, or stock with torsion beam) when I had it fitted. YMMV.
Good to know. I think I'll go with the Swifts then

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't have that issue and I have them paired with Koni yellows + Eibach sway bar.