Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have pics of where a newer FiST needs the harness unwrapped to fit an ITG intake?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I bought another intake to try out - I originally bought an ITG intake when my car was brand brand brand new because it looked like it would be easy to revert to stock, but found out due to being a 2017 I would have to unwrap part of my harness, which I was unwilling to do at the time. Now I am willing, but I am not sure of where I need to unwrap the harness to allow for a little more cable length - anyone have some pics?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I bought another intake to try out - I originally bought an ITG intake when my car was brand brand brand new because it looked like it would be easy to revert to stock, but found out due to being a 2017 I would have to unwrap part of my harness, which I was unwilling to do at the time. Now I am willing, but I am not sure of where I need to unwrap the harness to allow for a little more cable length - anyone have some pics?
to route the wiring correctly for the US car it's a little extra work but best to remove or at least unbolt the washer reservoir
it need to drop down a few inches to get the harness around the back of it
the intake sensor just requires removing the tape to extend it a few inches to the lower position on the itg

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
to route the wiring correctly for the US car it's a little extra work but best to remove or at least unbolt the washer reservoir
it need to drop down a few inches to get the harness around the back of it
the intake sensor just requires removing the tape to extend it a few inches to the lower position on the itg
ok groovy - thanks Ron!

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Got it all installed - does anyone have a pic of how they ziptied the wiring connector you have to move to install the ITG? I have mine ziptied to the L shaped bracket but it's touching the silicone intake hose. I can't see any other way that it fits without putting a lot of strain on wires, I just want to be sure :)

The intake is a lot quieter inside the car with the windows up than I thought it'd be, its barely louder than stock - but with the windows down it sounds pretty good :)