Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone one have any info on wilwood BBK for the rear for the 17 fiestas?

KirbST400

I’m having a hard time finding anything on a BBK for the rear from wilwood, I found one but it’s meant for the drum brake replacement, haven’t found one for the disk ones

slopoke

I hope you have gone to bigger brakes up front. If you haven't, then the rears don't need upgrading. I had the Wilwood 6 pots up front and to upgrade the rears, I did the SVT brackets and larger rotors.

To do the cheapest rear upgrade, get a set of 2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT rear caliper brackets. When I did mine the brackets were somewhat available, but it seems as though they are more difficult to fine by themselves. Getting the calipers with the brackets attached are probably your best alternative. You will have to eat the core charge, but you can always sell the calipers on Ebay, to help recoup your money. Then next you need to get a set of rotors for the 2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT and your rear upgrade is complete. If you haven't done so already, get stainless braided lines for all four corners.

The calipers with brackets is probably around $250.00 for a pair ( including core charge), throw in another $100.00 to $130 for a pair of rotors. Your total cost is around $350.00 or so, much cheaper than the Wilwood kit.

To make the Wilwood rears work, you need to change your rear hubs to the drum version. I'd assume the standard Fiesta has drums. So to sum it up, going with the Wilwood rears, you need to add their parking brake cable kit, add their braided line kit, buy a set of hubs. For all that you are in the neighborhood of $1500.00 bucks.

Since it appears that you are new to this forum, Whoosh Motorsports is kinda the place to go for aftermarket parts for your Fiesta. Ron (owner of Whoosh) is a very reputable online retailer on this fourm, quick communications and top notch customer service are his traits, you can't go wrong buying your parts from him. I've provided a link to the Wilwood rear kit from his website below. Good luck.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/front-and-rear-brake-upgrades-installed.16801/

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-combo-brake-parking-brake-kit-2014-fiesta-st

Last edited:
OP
K

KirbST400

Thread Starter #3
Yeah I’m pretty new to these forusm
I hope you have gone to bigger brakes up front. If you haven't, then the rears don't need upgrading. I had the Wilwood 6 pots up front and to upgrade the rears, I did the SVT brackets and larger rotors.

To do the cheapest rear upgrade, get a set of 2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT rear caliper brackets. When I did mine the brackets were somewhat available, but it seems as though they are more difficult to fine by themselves. Getting the calipers with the brackets attached are probably your best alternative. You will have to eat the core charge, but you can always sell the calipers on Ebay, to help recoup your money. Then next you need to get a set of rotors for the 2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT and your rear upgrade is complete. If you haven't done so already, get stainless braided lines for all four corners.

The calipers with brackets is probably around $250.00 for a pair ( including core charge), throw in another $100.00 to $130 for a pair of rotors. Your total cost is around $350.00 or so, much cheaper than the Wilwood kit.

To make the Wilwood rears work, you need to change your rear hubs to the drum version. I'd assume the standard Fiesta has drums. So to sum it up, going with the Wilwood rears, you need to add their parking brake cable kit, add their braided line kit, buy a set of hubs. For all that you are in the neighborhood of $1500.00 bucks.

Since it appears that you are new to this forum, Whoosh Motorsports is kinda the place to go for aftermarket parts for your Fiesta. Ron (owner of Whoosh) is a very reputable online retailer on this fourm, quick communications and top notch customer service are his traits, you can't go wrong buying your parts from him. I've provided a link to the Wilwood rear kit from his website below. Good luck.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/front-and-rear-brake-upgrades-installed.16801/

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-combo-brake-parking-brake-kit-2014-fiesta-st
We’ll thank you for your input!! I do have the front already done I just wanted to have all 4 corners done, so I will defined look into the cheaper option, I kinda wish I would of joined this group a while ago , it’s been a nightmare at times trying to figure out things for this car but it’s been one hell of journey learning all these new things

Westworks

Just came across this. The brakes fit perfect to our rear beam but they require the standard fiesta Timken stuff etc. You don’t need the alignment pins but I removed mine then reset and drilled and taped the holes to perfect alignment on the new timken stuff. This way I can use either setup… worked great…
The recommendation from me is do not use the brake cable extensions offered. You can Mount the oem cables and only need to take the rear oem cable brackets and arms off the oem rear calipers.
it was an easy swap. Be sure to bleed everything very well. Now you have 2 pistons in the rear on each side so less fade risk… aluminum hats etc all much much lighter… My car stops like no other I use 20 mm space red with stock Tires and rims and zero brake fade. Check my videos on IG @turboslurpee

I’m currently working on limiting up travel on stock struts while on montune springs but lifting the car some to clear and stop rub on very hard driven 225/45/17 tires… yes I’m riding on 45 profile and hard driving too… basically 1/2 inch drop of car but all the travel still exists just set at a taller hight to stop rubing… on full compression and full turn in under hard turns. Requires strut spacers. Will report on this if anyone cares.
my car was a total so it’s not perfect in any way….

Attachments