Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone plan on going with the AIRTEC Stage 2 Fiesta ST front mount Intercooler upgrade?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Anyone plan on going with the AIRTEC Stage 2 Fiesta ST front mount Intercooler upgrade?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Man... I wish it did.... Cx racing makes the same cooler for $350 with mounting brackets. (Its actually for a IS300 on ebay). But either way, unless you want to do something about the crash bar, its a no go. I'm hoping the company that is building those awesome lower strut mounts and strut tower braces will make an aftermarket crash bar for us so we can open up the honey combs in the front bumper and get more rad flow or fit taller intercoolers.

me32

1000 Post Club
One of the issue I see is that it blocks too much flow to the radiator.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
One of the issue I see is that it blocks too much flow to the radiator.
Air will flow through it into the Rad.

and the rad has a fan to help, even better would be if we could get bigger Rads to help as well.

on a side note, i want this IC SO BAD.

Edit - What part of the crash bar would get into the way, if it woks on theirs... are our bars thicker?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The us crash bar takes up space between the bumper cover and the bar. The euro ones have a gap.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Unless there's internal air diverters in the end tanks I just don't see the top 2/3 getting much flow.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Unless there's internal air diverters in the end tanks I just don't see the top 2/3 getting much flow.
Ask airtec about that, lol. That's what I was told as well ( and I think i posted it earlier maybe ). I admit.... I want it because the way it looks, lol.

I don't like fancy wheels or fancy paint or low ride heights.... BUT I WANT THAT COOLER because the way it looks, lol. Plus... Even if its just an extra bit of metal being used as a "heat sink", its doing something.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I would not run the pro alloy one either way... Its like a stock 1988 volvo cooler, lol.