Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone replace their in tank fuel pump with an external one?

wetwea33

What would be the purpose of this? There are replacements for the in tank pump but you wouldn't need to replace the in tank pump unless your running straight e85. The injectors followed by the hpfp are the limitations in the stock fuel system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
The purpose of this would be e85 capability for 130 dollars versus over 800 for our current options. Also this is over a 450lph pump whereas ours is a 255 lph. Also, stock lpfp runs out of steam at 360 hp even with aux fuel. The hpfp can still keep up as long as the lpfp is going.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wetwea33

The purpose of this would be e85 capability for 130 dollars versus over 800 for our current options. Also this is over a 450lph pump whereas ours is a 255 lph. Also, stock lpfp runs out of steam at 360 hp even with aux fuel. The hpfp can still keep up as long as the lpfp is going.

The lpfp does not run out of steam before the hpfp or before 360hp idk where your getting this idea from. The aplha bravo drop in lpfp is 535$ and is a dw-300. You could also just stick whatever fuel pump you want in the factory brass ckey you will just have to modify it. You will run out of injector before anything followed by the hpfp which is why everyone resorts to aux, it's the most cost effective method. You can run full e85 with 4 port aux but overtime the lack of lubrication might hurt your lpfp.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

Our Bravo in tank upgrade is $535 and good for 600+ HP
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...nce-upgraded-fuel-pump-assembly-free-shipping

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
The lpfp does not run out of steam before the hpfp or before 360hp idk where your getting this idea from. The aplha bravo drop in lpfp is 535$ and is a dw-300. You could also just stick whatever fuel pump you want in the factory brass ckey you will just have to modify it. You will run out of injector before anything followed by the hpfp which is why everyone resorts to aux, it's the most cost effective method. You can run full e85 with 4 port aux but overtime the lack of lubrication might hurt your lpfp.

But correct I'm wrong but, we run aux then lpfp because of the lack of lubrication and increase and demand from the injectors right? I mean the lpfp literally drives the aux fuel from how I'm looking at it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
But correct I'm wrong but, we run aux then lpfp because of the lack of lubrication and increase and demand from the injectors right? I mean the lpfp literally drives the aux fuel from how I'm looking at it.
the stock LPFP is maxed out and loses loses pressure after 6000 RPM's running full E85 when making over 375whp

slopoke

If you want to do it yourself it seems fairly easy enough. Once I get my next car, a fuel pump change is required for the mods that I'm planning to do. The video shows a Mustang fuel pump, but the Fiesta ST pump should be similar. The DW300 is only a $169.00 or so online. For that price, I'd do it myself. Good luck.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iYeKfXeub0

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
If you want to do it yourself it seems fairly easy enough. Once I get my next car, a fuel pump change is required for the mods that I'm planning to do. The video shows a Mustang fuel pump, but the Fiesta ST pump should be similar. The DW300 is only a $169.00 or so online. For that price, I'd do it myself. Good luck.

So that's also interesting. Apparently the stock focus st pump maxes out at 475hp? I'm just looking for options. Sorry Ron nothing against you but i can't justify buying the pump for that price when their could be a cheaper alternative. 135 dollars could easily be swung for a pump in one paycheck where as 535 comes to saving (for me anyway) for 2 1/2 months.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
the stock LPFP is maxed out and loses loses pressure after 6000 RPM's running full E85 when making over 375whp
Ron would you be willing to sell just the fuel pump without the basket for a comparable price to direct from dw?

wetwea33

Ron would you be willing to sell just the fuel pump without the basket for a comparable price to direct from dw?

What setup are you running that you think you will be running out of lpfp?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
My project build is Isabella de la fiesta on here. I'm going to be running a built mountune motor with ported heads, ported exhaust manifold, 2j intake, x57rs, 2j downpipe and peron aux fuel. I'm shooting for 380 right now but would eventually like to see 450 at 7500.

Woods247

2000 Post Club

I was just talking to a buddy about this yesterday. Do you know if anyoneā€™s done it successfully?

slopoke

I was just talking to a buddy about this yesterday. Do you know if anyoneā€™s done it successfully?

Looking at the modified pump for the Fiesta ST. It looks as there maybe some wiring to do, but I don't think that it's all that difficult to do. But it might be too much for the faint of hearted. I haven't come across anyone that's did it themselves.

wetwea33

My project build is Isabella de la fiesta on here. I'm going to be running a built mountune motor with ported heads, ported exhaust manifold, 2j intake, x57rs, 2j downpipe and peron aux fuel. I'm shooting for 380 right now but would eventually like to see 450 at 7500.

That turbo and the stock heads aren't ever gonna flow enough for that much hp. 380whp is realistic but no one has hit that yet.

380whp hasn't been hit yet? Perhaps they had to make a pit stop in the blown engine resource thread on the fiesta forums

wetwea33

380whp hasn't been hit yet? Perhaps they had to make a pit stop in the blown engine resource thread on the fiesta forums
I'm saying with the x57rs. The turbo has had alot of issues so far. 380whp has been hit and sustained by many.

Ford Community Posts