Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone run Motegi MR116 in 15 inch (15x6.5) - will they fit?

Hi All.
I want to get some winter tires for my 2016 FiST and at the same time get some more sidewall to soften the ride (the car is giving me back and neck issues). I found the Motegi MR116 for a good price and was torn between the 16x7 or 15x6.5. I want to go the 15s as that will give be more sidewall (going with 195/55-15 tires). Tirerack allows them as an option for the FiST, but the wheel vendor is concerned about the 15".

Thanks for any input

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I want to say yes because I remember seeing a FiST on here with those wheels in the wheel thread. Do not remember what size they where. I want to say 16s.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the 15s and they are on the way. The vendor has been very good to work with and said to test fit a wheel before mounting any tries on them - if they do not work out I can exchange them for the 16s. I'll know soon enough.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
LIttle late but I run Sparco Drifts 15" no issues what so ever on stock brakes. Buddy has Willowwood BBK and he can go to 16"

neeqness

1000 Post Club
According to tire rack they have an offset of 40 so they should fit. You could try verifiying with your year, but it should be no problem.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is interested, I just got these wheels as well (16x7s). I was worried about how they would look on a black car, but I think they look OK. Here are a couple pics from right after I installed them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjasjQDo3tSzyPf03
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J5d3W3vDt5YCfnXj1

15s make sense for the winter, but I think 16s are a good balance between looks and comfort for the summer. The ride on 16s and Continental ECS's is loads better than stock wheel and tire. Eats up the high-frequency stuff much better and the low-frequency stuff is not quite as jarring. Still a stiff ride overall of course.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the update, Joker328. I think they look great on your FiST. Did you use the stock lugs or get a new set?

I still have not test-fitted my 15s, but I hope to do so this weekend. I opted for 15 for two reasons - The car is basically undriveable for me with the stock wheels and tires (even after putting KONI orange shocks on the rear). It is totally me (my old body) as my wife has no issues with the car, but it gives me terrible neck and back pain with headache as well :( . So I hope the extra sidewall of a 15" will really help that so I can drive it sometimes too. Second, using a 15" tire I can get closer to the final diameter of the stock 17" wheel.

It wasn't all bad news for me though - because of the issues my wife took the FiST as her daily driver and I got a shiny new F150 SuperCrew :)

Thanks for the update, Joker328. I think they look great on your FiST. Did you use the stock lugs or get a new set?
You will definitely need new lugs. The stock ones are two short and stubby for these wheels. Even if they fit on the studs, you'd never be able to get a wrench on them. The ones that came with my wheels from Tire Rack are the spline drive kind that also require a special attachment to install/remove them. I'm not sure specifically which ones they are, but my Tire Rack invoice says "NC12X1.5 CLOSED END TUNER-NUT (EXTERNAL SPLINE DRIVE)" in case that helps.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
You will definitely need new lugs. The stock ones are two short and stubby for these wheels. Even if they fit on the studs, you'd never be able to get a wrench on them. The ones that came with my wheels from Tire Rack are the spline drive kind that also require a special attachment to install/remove them. I'm not sure specifically which ones they are, but my Tire Rack invoice says "NC12X1.5 CLOSED END TUNER-NUT (EXTERNAL SPLINE DRIVE)" in case that helps.
Thanks! That does help. I'll get some ordered right away. Now I need to decide what tires I want to mount on these and look for a good deal on them.