Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Dunlop Direzza DIII

Anyone running these that can tell me how they run size wise? ie: small/true/large 215/40/17 is what I'm looking at. Also looking at the Federal RS-RR which I know run big.

Thx.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Z2s ran wide in tread width (wider than the RS-RRs I have) @ 8.0" (vs. the 7.7" tread width of the RS-RRs).

The Z3s are right about the same tread width as the RS-RRs, and I wish that they were still wider, or even wider yet than the old Z2s, because I would get them next after the RS-RRs are toast, if they were. ;).

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
The Z2s ran wide in tread width (wider than the RS-RRs I have) @ 8.0" (vs. the 7.7" tread width of the RS-RRs).

The Z3s are right about the same tread width as the RS-RRs, and I wish that they were still wider, or even wider yet than the old Z2s, because I would get them next after the RS-RRs are toast, if they were. ;).
Thanks. Find out tomorrow when I get them. Already on UPS truck. Doesn't seem to be a lot of experience with these particular tires on our cars. Seems Federals end up on a lot of them. I'd have run R888R's if they'd have come in this size. You like your Federals?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks. Find out tomorrow when I get them. Already on UPS truck. Doesn't seem to be a lot of experience with these particular tires on our cars. Seems Federals end up on a lot of them. I'd have run R888R's if they'd have come in this size. You like your Federals?
Except for singing LOUDLY at any speed over 30 MPH, they are great.

I have never had them on a track, or autocross course, but you would NEVER be able to find their dry cornering limits on the street, at least not without ending up in jail, with your license permanently revoked. [wink]

Some who have had them on a road course claim that they do get somewhat 'greasy' after multiple 'hot' laps in warm weather.