Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Spikes Spider winter traction aids?(chains)

I bought a set of Sparco 15x7 wheels with 185/60/15 winter tires.

I need to have chains or some sort of traction device. I know there isn’t much room up front but I am thinking about getting a pair of Spikes spider “compact C2” traction gizmos.

Anybody run these?

402AB56B-53EC-403B-B273-EE497477A070.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are they Legal Where you live? That's the next thing id be looking into if you haven't already.....IMO Winter tires are more than adequate for Winter here in MN. I've found it doesn't matter if the snow is more than 12 niches and the roads aren't plowed even if you have winter tires of any nature.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Oddly enough in the nanny state of CA they are legal, along with chains.

I think the big difference is topography. My commute has about a 2,000 foot elevation differential (get up over 4500’) Goes over a summit called “Dead Horse” and another called “Snowman”.

Personally I have seen about 10’ of snow accumulation roadside. I know I’m not getting anywhere unless the plows are running. Chain controls are pretty common in the winter, and are often because the road surface is so slick from ice / snowpack. I just need something to keep the highway patrol happy at chain control checkpoints- and something that will help out if conditions warrant.

No traction devices = turned around at chain control point.

Pic is from the commute in my GMC 4x4.

CBCFD287-C7A5-4E88-99D1-72D9A0104888.jpeg