Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running the M-FR3-FAEB coilovers?

Chuckable

Are those the Ford Racing units?
Either way, the mounts look like solid aluminum. Likely going to be a lot of NVH passing into the cabin with them. But hey, it's really up to you as to what you're comfortable with.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I think that's Eibach.
Yes, they are made for Ford Racing by Eibacb, and are designed for the R2spec focus. Eibach is supposed to be making their own version that is more street friendly.

Are those the Ford Racing units?
Either way, the mounts look like solid aluminum. Likely going to be a lot of NVH passing into the cabin with them. But hey, it's really up to you as to what you're comfortable with.
No, they are mounted with the same rubber as the factory units, but they are stiffer and have higher spring rates.

OP
R
Thread Starter #6
450lb front, 500lb rear...

The grass roots motorsports guys installed a set and the car turned into a trailer queen. They deemed it unstreetable :p
Yeah, I would definitely run softer springs. The good news is that Eibach has plenty to choose from.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The valving needs to match the spring rates so they would need to be adjustable or tuned for the softer rates unless making a minor change, most likely so make sure to look into that.

Another option is the BC, even the race rate springs on my lightened car ride much better than stock, BC is the manf of many other brands and they are quite well made. I am very happy with mine though planned to get some much higher end coilovers when some are finally made but not sure I will really need to on my very modified and fast street/track car, they are working that well.

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
The valving needs to match the spring rates so they would need to be adjustable or tuned for the softer rates unless making a minor change, most likely so make sure to look into that.

Another option is the BC, even the race rate springs on my lightened car ride much better than stock, BC is the manf of many other brands and they are quite well made. I am very happy with mine though planned to get some much higher end coilovers when some are finally made but not sure I will really need to on my very modified and fast street/track car, they are working that well.
From what I understand from the other thread, they are internally adjustable. Eibach is right down the road from me, and I woukd have them retuned before installation.

I really love the rear setup with the actual coil on the shock. It's a way better design, as it woukd be lighter, and it moves the weight further outboard. Not to mention, the rear shock is INVERTED, and that brings some benefits too. I'm sure you agree that the rear of the car can use all the help it can get. Even pushed hard, with less than sticky tires, I've never felt the front start to push, but the back end dances around a bunch.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes,
I have them on my car.

From what I understand from the other thread, they are internally adjustable. Eibach is right down the road from me, and I woukd have them retuned before installation.
They are NOT internally adjustable, the need to be completely rebuilt both front and rear.
They do have the specs from what is on my car, however I would imagine this would be very expensive.

You can buy the race version for almost $1500.00 however they are VERY stiff for the street.

In addition Eibach has decided to go with the separate spring and shock for the Street Version Rear.
They found that it was necessary to keep the heavy spring rate in the rear because of the spring location on the shock tube.
There was also some internal company concern about liability in not using the OE spring mounting points.
This is what I now have on my car.
Although I still have the rear shock barrels with the fully adjustable spring mounts, these will be replaced in the future with standard shocks.

As per my last communication with Eibach (last week) this project is on a permanent HOLD.

Dave

MOFiST

Dave how much different are these > LINK
to the units you've been demoing? I wonder if they'd be realising these soon to the USDM market or do you mean no US Eibach coilovers will ship period?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The set pictured in that link are not coilovers.
They are spring and strut/shock replacements.
Also they don't look like they will fit a Fiesta.

Sold in the UK, they would be a product of Eibach Germany.
They do build different things for different markets.

Dave

MOFiST

Looking at them again I see what you mean. They look totally different...
I've noticed that most suspension parts in UK have subtle differences actually. I'll probably source my upgrades from the UK.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The UK set may be built off the B-Spec set as mine were.
They will probably mount in the rear to the top shock mount.
They can do this because of the different liability laws.

Dave