Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried Adapt-X Tune on Stock Turbo with turbosmart 7psi WGA?

Originally posted in adapt-X tune thread but decided to move it here for better visibility:

As the title reads, has anyone used the adapt-x flash tune on a stock turbo with the turbosmart 7psi WGA? Or even a custom adapt-x tune for that matter? The little I know about combustion the ECU should be able to adjust with a flash tune since it'll see that boost is still being held past it's normal point so it should keep feeding guzzaline and make-inside-cylinder-go-boom until the knock sensors come in and stop the fun (anyone who knows better which is probably everyone please feel free to reply and disagree. I'm here to learn as much as I can before making more investments). I ask because the recent rage is to do a custom tune with the 7psi WGA installed so the turbo can hold boost up to redline as opposed to the current hardware which runs out of air as you climb the ladder past 5500RPM(or is it 4500RPM?). I know the Dizzy crowd is really happy about this mod to the stock turbo setup and was hoping I could read some stuff if any of the adapt-X crowd has tried it out.

I've read it really doesn't change the overall HP/torque numbers but changes the delivery from way-too-diesel to more gasoline and keeps the power coming all the way to redline which is what I really find interesting. Anyway, thanks ahead of time and hope to hear what anyone has to say.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I never considered upgrading the wastegate without tuning. Then again, I've never upgraded a wastegate on a stock turbo car. I'm not adept at reading logs so I'd want a pro to let me know my installation was sound.

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Great point. Guess I'll go the custom tune route regardless for peace of mind but I have my eye on adapt-X and just need to know if anyone is running it with the 7psi wastegate then and get their thoughts.

Otherwise might go the Dizzy route since there are at least couple drivers here who have done it with the stock turbo and sing its praises.

My upgrade path from where I'm at is hypothetically an upgraded wastegate and Dizzy's E40 tune. I really like this thing with the stock turbo kick (as ridiculous as it is), the extra power band and torque you get from the ethanol, and then just a little more pull in the high end thanks to an eventual wastegate and fueling change? Sounds good to me. I have an AdaptX tune as well but went dizzy to grab an ethanol tune for cheaper. Only grabbed the 87-93 octane AdaptX when it was on sale so the ethanol tune would've be $250 outright to grab now. Not a great direct response to your questions / concerns but it's what I've got to add!

Last edited:

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey,

Just seeing this now, I did reply to your email within minutes, but I'm not super active on the fiesta forum, more on focus/explorer st forum.

The map uses factory wastegate calibration so a 7 psi wastegate will not work, the factory spring rate is 4-5 psi.

The adapt-x tune states it requires factory wastegate, turbo, fuel system.

These turbos are out of breath past 5k rpm, usually people lose boost from the bpv cracking over time and it ends up becoming a boost leak, get a GFB DV+ and leave the wastegate alone. :)

edit: I'm very late here, but I see you went Adapt-X. Hope you are enjoying it.