Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried this product?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
LIQUIMOLY Cera Tec? Any input? Saw the ad in Car and Driver.
Funny you should mention Liqui MOLY George and Greg at Western Diagnosis use it in their Mercedes and their other cars as well. I was going to put it in on my last oil change but after doing some research on current oils and reading some amazing stress tests I wound up going with Quaker State Full synthetic and a Ford Fliter as both were rated at the top for synthetic oil and oil filters respectively. I should add they beat out Amsoil synthetic it came in in at #2 and K&N oil filters which are quite good respectively.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It has been around for 10 years at least, sure has not been a barn burner in sales or in the news for the millions of gallons of gas saved, LOL.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ceratec is an additive not liquimloy oil* Don't know if all of you are getting that confused. But it's a ceramic additive for the oil of your choice.

Cera Tec - Additives (liqui-moly.us)

Yes, oil is very thin. I went back to mobil 1.
Bottle design is pretty sweet though. Makes changing the oil easy
The BMW bros are all about it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention Liqui MOLY George and Greg at Western Diagnosis use it in their Mercedes and their other cars as well. I was going to put it in on my last oil change but after doing some research on current oils and reading some amazing stress tests I wound up going with Quaker State Full synthetic and a Ford Fliter as both were rated at the top for synthetic oil and oil filters respectively. I should add they beat out Amsoil synthetic it came in in at #2 and K&N oil filters which are quite good respectively.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ceratec is an additive not liquimloy oil* Don't know if all of you are getting that confused. But it's a ceramic additive for the oil of your choice.

Cera Tec - Additives (liqui-moly.us)
I'm curious, why would you want to use it? I assume the ceramic would lower friction more than the oil alone.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
oh i did get very confused lol. The oil I used is branded Special Tec. thanks for the clarification.
Ironically, many (most??) of the LiquiMoly oils do not even contain either this additive, OR even any molybdenum (of either the older, less efficient 'dimer' or newer/improved 'trimer' type moly)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm curious, why would you want to use it? I assume the ceramic would lower friction more than the oil alone.
I used to use it in my LS1 Z28 just as a 'warm and fuzzies'/feel good 'placebo' type additive, whether or not it is actually 'snake oil' or not. [wink]

Hard to tell if it did any good at all, but subjectively, the valvetrain did appear to be quieter when this was in the sump. [dunno]