Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone with experience on 205/45/17 Michelin Premier A/S?

As the title suggests, anyone with experience driving with these on our cars+stock rims?

I know I can get Pilot Sports in the same size, but I might be headed up north for graduate school, so I'd potentially need winter capabilities. Seems like that and the higher treadwear are the only advantage to getting Premiers over the Pilot Sports. Looking use these as a DD to replace the stock tires as they've started to get close to running out of tread. Hopefully I'll have money to put in to a dedicated AutoX set of tires since I have a spare set of stock rims already.

I am running the PSS in 205/45/17. They are the exact same size as the Premier A/S save for the fact that I have more tread-width on the ground. Same diameter and sectional size though and I am on the OEM wheels and stock suspension. I do not rub at all under any circumstance and I have tried to make them rub to the best of my ability.

I would suggest perhaps getting the Pilot Sport AS3 instead, however. You will trade a bit of ride comfort for performance, but I'd say it would be worth it. Again, same sizing as my PSS. I would expect no rub if you are stock suspension on the oem wheels whatsoever.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just gave my daughter a barely used set AS3 PS in 205/45/17 on 16.8lb 17x7 wheels because once I installed my summer 15" Rival S tires I realized just how harsh the PS3 tires are and far noisier. I have full suspension mods which will change the ride and noise level a bit but on the 15's it rides far better than stock and hugely better than the AS3 on 17's.

They are a damn good AS tire though a 3 season only, not much good in the snow unless you know how to drive well in it, I grew up in the snow, dirt, gravel and never had snow tires or even very good tires so I would not have a problem using them in moderate snow at least.

You would likely give up some serious performance with the Premier AS tires but gain in ride noise and comfort.

You may want to consider this alternative as it will enhance not only the ride but the performance in all areas, got to 15 or 16's, sell the stock wheels to help pay for it if you need to.

Maxxim Winner, made by Konig, around 16lbs each, nice quality and finish wheels, 16x7, 4x108, under $400 a set, legal in stock class autocross.

Get some AS3 or other really good AS tires like the BFG Comp2 AS, Nitto Neo Gen which I am going to try next as highly recommended by somebody I know with a huge amount of experience in tires as the best AS tire made that has good performance and low in cost.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Hrm... Ended up getting the Premiers to see how they are. Since I'm primarily going for DD, comfort is a plus. I snagged a set of stock wheels for pretty cheap which is why I've stuck with 17. Maybe once I've got the money I'll go to the 16s.

Fastest STs in the Houston AutoX still run stock wheels so wanted to see if I can get good enough to match their times. They still have a good 2 seconds of time on my fastest.

I just gave my daughter a barely used set AS3 PS in 205/45/17 on 16.8lb 17x7 wheels because once I installed my summer 15" Rival S tires I realized just how harsh the PS3 tires are and far noisier. I have full suspension mods which will change the ride and noise level a bit but on the 15's it rides far better than stock and hugely better than the AS3 on 17's.

They are a damn good AS tire though a 3 season only, not much good in the snow unless you know how to drive well in it, I grew up in the snow, dirt, gravel and never had snow tires or even very good tires so I would not have a problem using them in moderate snow at least.

You would likely give up some serious performance with the Premier AS tires but gain in ride noise and comfort.

You may want to consider this alternative as it will enhance not only the ride but the performance in all areas, got to 15 or 16's, sell the stock wheels to help pay for it if you need to.

Maxxim Winner, made by Konig, around 16lbs each, nice quality and finish wheels, 16x7, 4x108, under $400 a set, legal in stock class autocross.

Get some AS3 or other really good AS tires like the BFG Comp2 AS, Nitto Neo Gen which I am going to try next as highly recommended by somebody I know with a huge amount of experience in tires as the best AS tire made that has good performance and low in cost.
Used to have Neo Gens on my old Cobalt SS Turbo that was running a PCM tune and if that car can do just fine on them, this car I don't doubt will be the same. Great grip for an All season tire.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Of the higher end ultra performance tires Tirerack rated the PS3 the best but they did not test the Neo Gen as do not sell them. The Neo only has a 280 wear rating so it has a pretty soft compound for an AS tire, by far the softest I know of which means more grip but also faster wear but I am not worried about that, I want the best I can get for rain, colder days, etc when I cannot run the Rival S tires. I hope to be happy enough with the Neo tires to not even really need the Rival S as I have my race tires and wheels already which can be driven to events if needed.

Just waiting on some 15x8 wheels I hope will fit over my BBKs, it will be close and might take a bit of work, fit then ordering the Neo in 205/50/15 for them:)