Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP deals today, who will have the best tunes for my mods included now or later?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Custom as in to our cars, like the Cobb already is? Or custom as in they ask you what mods you have on your car and then send you a tune file? Something like that?
What you get from Cobb is called a "canned" tune or "off the shelf" tune designed for the masses...having a custom tune is more catered towards your car which factors in engine mods, elevation, atmospheric pressure any many other things that's unique to you.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Ahh, okay. That makes sense, thanks.

Are the performance benefits that greater with a custom tune than a canned tune?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
At time of order they ask you about your down pipe stock or after market Catted or not and if you have stock or aftermarket FMIC. Think it is a one time deal with extra data logging tweaks being at extra cost if you want.
I think it comes with the $150 option.
The way its worded is EXACTLY the same as the $150 option

I also pulled the trigger tonight but living within driving distance of Cobb Plano I went with them for the AP. I figure if I do a down pipe I will have them just do a custom tune at that point. One question does Cobb include an economy map for our car? I know they do for the Speed3.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Do you concur? They don't exactly come out and mention the $150 value, but that's how it reads to me?
I guess it could be that. I took it to mean you could get a custom tune if needed via the hot link. But we will see in time always hopeful:)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I also pulled the trigger tonight but living within driving distance of Cobb Plano I went with them for the AP. I figure if I do a down pipe I will have them just do a custom tune at that point. One question does Cobb include an economy map for our car? I know they do for the Speed3.
Yes on the Eco map. I think it
Limits boost to about 5 lb max. I never tried it yet.