Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

April 30th Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas

DaveG99

The North Texas ST group is doing a mountain road cruise through the Ouachita mountains. Come and join us.

We will meet at the sonic in Denison (also a gas station next door) at 8:00 am saturday morning. We need to be on the road by 8:30ish. Need to fuel up here because it's the last stop for 93 octane until we get to Arkansas. Oklahoma doesn't sell 93. We will be driving to Honobia OK and up the Indian hwy to Talihena OK. The Indian hwy is a good warm up for the twisties. Once we get to Talihena we will have lunch at Pams hatefull hussy diner and then we will drive across the Talimena scenic byway to Mena AR. It's a 60 mile drive on top of the mountains with lots of fun twisty roads. There are many pull off points we will be stopping at for photo oportunities. These mountains are the tallest point in between the Appalachians and the Rockies. Once in Mena AR we fill up our cars with 93 octane and head back across the talimena scenic byway and head up to Poteau Oklahoma and get a hotel there. Depending on how many people we have we can maybe get a group rate. Hotels are pretty cheap up there anyway . Once i get an idea of the size of the group ill try and get a group rate. On Sunday we get up and have breakfast and then head out for a few more hours of some mountain driving. We will take 259 south down into broken bow OK. And from there head back to DFW. We should be able to make it back home well before dark on Sunday.

And if you don't want to stay the night you can head back home Saturday evening.

I will be purchasing a walkie talkie. I suggest you get one so that the group can stay in contact constantly while driving.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/591710154338355/

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
Come closer to me and drive the Ozark mountains instead.
I've been up through eureka springs on motorcycles before. We are trying to keep it to a 2 day trip so going that far is out of the question

[MENTION=4256]DaveG99[/MENTION] I'm going to try to make it. Being in Texarkana I might just try to meet up with you guys in Honobia OK so I don't have to drive all the way to Denison to turn around. I'm not on Facebook so please keep this thread updated. Thanks

My only reservation about committing 100% is I have gone back to school and literally all my finals are Mon. May 2nd. It feels a little irresponsible to not study at all. So if others say that weekend doesn't work. I would be for a date change. But if not I'm still going to try to make it work.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #5
Cool. I'll keep it updated. You can study Sunday afternoon. We won't be out late Sunday

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #6
Would be cool to see some other Fiestas. The north texas st's are mostly fosts

Hey hoping I will be able to make this trip. Just got a fiesta ST a few weeks ago. I am excited to see what this car can do and also meet some people in the community.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #8
Hey hoping I will be able to make this trip. Just got a fiesta ST a few weeks ago. I am excited to see what this car can do and also meet some people in the community.
Awesome. Joint the north texas st facebook page. I will also keep this thread updated.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #9
If [MENTION=247]Tex ST-AR[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4764]Mike Shoe[/MENTION] go then we have 4 fiestas and 4 focuses so far. There are a bunch of maybes that may go but havent confirmed yet.

Hey [MENTION=4256]DaveG99[/MENTION] I will be there. Was able to get the day off of work. Do you know if anyone there will have the Cobb tuning exhaust? I am curious on how it sounds in person.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #11
Hey [MENTION=4256]DaveG99[/MENTION] I will be there. Was able to get the day off of work. Do you know if anyone there will have the Cobb tuning exhaust? I am curious on how it sounds in person.
Chad has a cobb exhaust on his fost. I have a mbrp exhaust. Glad you can make it. You should join the north texas st facebook page

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #12
20160413_151534.jpg Just got a pair of motorolla two way radios for the trip. Hopefully some of the other guys have radios as well

Hey [MENTION=4256]DaveG99[/MENTION] I was looking at the forecast for the upcoming week and noticed there is a chance of thunderstorms most of the week. Is there anything planned if this gets rained out?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #14
It goes on rain or shine. I think we will be fine. I never trust a weather forecast a week out

Dave, Im not going to be able to make the run. I wish I could hopefully you guys will explore Arkansas again and I can make it. Take a corner for me.

It goes on rain or shine. I think we will be fine. I never trust a weather forecast a week out

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #16
I'm hoping the weather people are wrong. They are usually off even 3 days out. But as of right now Saturday looks like it's going to be raining and Sunday looks to be sunny and clear. If this weather prediction holds it would be benificial to move the majority of the driving to Sunday. This might change things for people who plan on just going for one day. I don't mind some rain but you can't haul ass in the mountains safely in the rain. We will see how it goes. By Friday we should have a pretty good idea of what the weather will do. And I'll be calling around to some hotels today seeing if we can get a group rate somewhere

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #17
Good news. Chance of rain saturday has dropped from 90% to 50% . And Sunday is 0% you still going [MENTION=4764]Mike Shoe[/MENTION]

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #18
Down to 30% saturday. Getting better. By the way we are staying at the best western in Poteau OK

[MENTION=4256]DaveG99[/MENTION] yes I am still planning on going. Glad to hear you were able to get a group rate. Is there still only 8 confirmed going?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #20
We do not have a group rate. But it's only $76 per night. Needed 10+ rooms for group rate. So far we have 9 confirmed.

Ford Community Posts