Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are any non-dealership mechanics/shops warranty-authorized?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just wondering, if so I'd love to take my car in and pay for a diagnostic to try and track down the burning-oil smell (and transmission grindy sound), and if it's something warranty related just have it covered under warranty. My local dealership is generally great, but I've had a few "no trouble found" instances with them and don't want to keep wasting their time (and mine) going in if they aren't going to fix anything (transmission grinding just a slight sound, need to get worse before they'll work on it/tear down the trans). I don't mind paying for things, but at the dealership paying for a diag then proceeding with warranty service based on findings seems to be something they just can't (or won't) do.

Not sure what you're asking here.

Can defects covered under warranty be done at an independent shop? Technically - maybe. Best answer: no. Why? Most of the time they don't have time to go through the hoops required to file warranty reimbursement.
Can oil changes and simple procedures be done and you still retain a warranty? Absolutely. Just SAVE THE DOCUMENTATION.

What I do: When the dealer can't figure it out. Time to find another dealer. Annoying? Absolutely.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Not sure what you're asking here.

Can defects covered under warranty be done at an independent shop? Technically - maybe. Best answer: no. Why? Most of the time they don't have time to go through the hoops required to file warranty reimbursement.
Can oil changes and simple procedures be done and you still retain a warranty? Absolutely. Just SAVE THE DOCUMENTATION.

What I do: When the dealer can't figure it out. Time to find another dealer. Annoying? Absolutely.
I was just remember those "GM Goodwrench" shops, I think they could do GM warranty services but weren't dealership affiliated. Was wondering if there was a ford equivalent - perhaps my google-fu fails me, but I don't think so. I think there's also a vast-delta in pricing between my regular vehicles and the FiST so I am kinda expecting a level of treatment that isn't going to happen :p

HBEcoBeaST

I'm going to echo the 'find another dealer'. My local Ford dealer is terrible I can't even schedule an appointment for the coolant recall without taking my car in for them to look at it first. Then they'll order the parts.... Wtf?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk