Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are these both X37 turbos?

I bought a used X37 over the interweb that arrived today. I set it down beside my OEM turbo and they look identical. Both turbo's compressor wheels look identical to those found on the X37 yet both exhaust wheels appear to be stock.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You would have to Crack that bitch open and mic the cartidge tic for tac....who did you get it from?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The X-37 is supposed to have a 54mm compressor wheel and clipped turbine blades. Those two turbos look identical to me.

In the side-by-side pick up the exhaust wheels, is the purported X-37 on top, or on bottom?

In the side by side that says x37 and stock, the stock looks like a focus st stock turbo not a fiesta you can also see the x37 has clipped blades and the stock does not.

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #8
I'm not trying to imply I was scammed- I wasn't. The seller is legit as well as the turbo I bought from my research and everyone's responses tonight. I just didn't realize my used car came with a X37 turbo. If I'd known that from the start I would have just ordered a tune and made a sandwich.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to imply I was scammed- I wasn't. The seller is legit as well as the turbo I bought from my research and everyone's responses tonight. I just didn't realize my used car came with a X37 turbo. If I'd known that from the start I would have just ordered a tune and made a sandwich.
Hey so you're saying you were driving around with a x37 turbo with the stock tune? I'm surprised you didn't have any problems.