Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ATP Turbo Kit, who's got one?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Who's got an ATP Turbo kit? Which kit do you have? Please share your thoughts? Happy with it? How did you go about tuning? How much has it change the driving characteristics? Experience any down sides? Is the kit worth it?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
thanks guys, I'm actually interested in feedback from someone who has an actual ATP kit.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Seen videos on YouTube with 1/4 mile run , but not sure if he's on here .
Are you talking about the 12sec runs? Because those are ATP's shop race car that they have choosen to not tell ANYONE about or anything to do it as far as mods, tires, fuel, or weight.

Pretty sure we have some forum members with ATP kits, but they are euro cars with are slightly different tune wise. I don't think they have a tuner as capable as the cobb access tuner so far.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That's a good looking tune !!! The turbo is obviously being held back due to fuel reasons on both sides of the rpm band. They did a good job though.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
A buddy is sporting a 2860 kit from them. He put down 275whp and is happy as a lark. He just finished up an e30 tune and made 299/279. Tuned with Panda. Unfortunately I don't believe he's on here.

Here's his car:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YsNAyHKSfRA&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;YsNAyHKSfRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsNAyHKSfRA&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop[/video]

I hope he/they don't mind, but here's the dyno:

Wow ..Very nice and the curves look very well behaved...thanks for posting!

I'm now leaning towards ATP's GT2560r kit...

[HR][/HR]
I've heard there's a few FiST's out this way that also have ATP Turbo kits installed and tuned out...They just don't participate on the forums...

[HR][/HR]

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade achieved 12.4 sec at 110+ mph quarter-mile drag time!!!

Performance Upgrades:
- ATP Turbo Bolt-on Garrett Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade
- ATP Intercooler
- ATP Downpipe
- ATP High Flow Charge Pipe (Hot Side)
- Cobb ATR Tuning File Rev. C. by Braden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejN0ZpWBWZo

[video=youtube;ejN0ZpWBWZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejN0ZpWBWZo[/video]

FistSt215

Are you talking about the 12sec runs? Because those are ATP's shop race car that they have choosen to not tell ANYONE about or anything to do it as far as mods, tires, fuel, or weight.

Pretty sure we have some forum members with ATP kits, but they are euro cars with are slightly different tune wise. I don't think they have a tuner as capable as the cobb access tuner so far.
Yea that must be it ! The 12.4 sec 1/4 run.

Yes, they did a great job. The curve looks almost n/a, which is a huge compliment to them, and one of the reasons they're tuning mine Stage2 and Stage 3, and beyond.

I have the gtx2860r, been on the car for 2k miles. My car is also Panda tuned. Put down 269/252 on a conservative 93 daily tune. I'm currently installing wmi and going e30. I am very pleased with the results. Also, I'm using the untouched factory intake with a drop in filter.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
A buddy is sporting a 2860 kit from them. He put down 275whp and is happy as a lark. He just finished up an e30 tune and made 299/279. Tuned with Panda. Unfortunately I don't believe he's on here.

Here's his car:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YsNAyHKSfRA&feature=youtu.be

I hope he/they don't mind, but here's the dyno:

Thanks! that's what I'm interested in seeing. Impressions from the owner would be nice, but the dyno plot tells it's own story!

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I have the gtx2860r, been on the car for 2k miles. My car is also Panda tuned. Put down 269/252 on a conservative 93 daily tune. I'm currently installing wmi and going e30. I am very pleased with the results. Also, I'm using the untouched factory intake with a drop in filter.
Nice results! thanks for posting. Please update us. I'm really interested in updates once your E30 tune is sorted. What are you running for downpipe and exhaust?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=871]CrazyCarl[/MENTION] ...very nice!

Can you tell us where peak boost was at? And also what / who's exhaust manifold was this bolted up to?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hits 23-24psi around 3700rpm and holds up to redline. I'm using the untouched stock manifold.
thanks!! And that's impressive...

I also plan on keeping the stock exhaust manifold bolted directly up to the gt2560r....I'm looking for a bit quicker spool-up that the gt2560 should provide and ~250whp on pump gas...

Good info..thanks again!

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Hits 23-24psi around 3700rpm and holds up to redline. I'm using the untouched stock manifold.
Sweet. The GTX2860R looks attractive! The dyno curve looks better and more appealing than the one ATP has posted, so it's great to see what others have managed and what that ATP turbo kit is capable of among the masses in the real world.

How's traction? any issues or feel the need for a LSD at your current power level?

Sweet. The GTX2860R looks attractive! The dyno curve looks better and more appealing than the one ATP has posted, so it's great to see what others have managed and what that ATP turbo kit is capable of among the masses in the real world.

How's traction? any issues or feel the need for a LSD at your current power level?
Traction isn't the best, typical fwd. I will be installing a LSD along with a uprated clutch but I'm not too concerned at the moment.