Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Auto Express mag shows new Fiesta

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
Download the Auto Express app to read the rest. It's a UK based mag so this is not US spec.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Bleh.. I'll be keeping mine for a LONG LONG time if that's the new fiesta

Can't stand when car companies go with one uniform look for the whole lineup i.e. Audi, BMW, etc

I like when each model has a distinct look :) don't want a baby focus

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like ours better and at least if the new one looks like that it still has the general overall shape which is far better than the competition.

They clearly photoshopped all three (Fusion, Focus, Fiesta) together being that this is pure speculation based off the presumption that they will share family identity. It still looks great and is an evolution, but I agree, the current Fiesta looks much more unique and doesn't have the blandness of this one. Perhaps if you have a better idea, get some paper and crayons, draw it and post it, maybe Ford will see it? Will they care? Not really, but they'll at least see it.

I think considering that we've seen spy shots of a "longer" Fiesta, I would say that these pics have depicted that trait correctly.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Bleh.. I'll be keeping mine for a LONG LONG time if that's the new fiesta

Can't stand when car companies go with one uniform look for the whole lineup i.e. Audi, BMW, etc

I like when each model has a distinct look :) don't want a baby focus
I feel the same exact way about the luxo brands and their cookie cutter designs. I can't stand what Mercedes has done with their sedans. If everything is a baby S-class then why bother with the S-class, ya know. BORING. I wasn't even excited to see the new E class cuz i knew it was just going to be the same ol shit. dam shame. Keep an eye on Volvo tho ;)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I feel the same exact way about the luxo brands and their cookie cutter designs. I can't stand what Mercedes has done with their sedans. If everything is a baby S-class then why bother with the S-class, ya know. BORING. I wasn't even excited to see the new E class cuz i knew it was just going to be the same ol shit. dam shame. Keep an eye on Volvo tho ;)
If only I had the money.. I'd love the new Volvo SUV those things are pure Swedish sex on wheels :)

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
No, pure swedish sex would be the delicious S90 [thumb]

I'm just glad there's talk of a next generation Fiesta, especially after all those rumors of the Fiesta ending.

Fiesta ending never made sense, if you are an auto manufacturer you need a car for this segment. The thing that was ending was building the Fiesta in Mexico.

The new one is getting built in Asia somewhere I think. I don't think I would want to take a chance on Ford's first year trying that.

I doubt the photos are accurate.

I have greatly preferred the Fiesta styling to the Focus since the facelift and especially the ST. Before the facelift I think the hood and grill were a little off but as a whole still better than Focus.

Being the entry level Ford, they should spend extra time getting the Fiesta just right to attract young buyers and promote brand loyalty, making it look like a Focus is not the right direction because the Focus is too bloated to really be a hot hatch.

I love the Fusion styling, they did a great job for an entry to mid level small sedan, handsome but serious. Its perfect as a "grown up" car. Fiesta should be a lot different, less serious but not as cartoonist as a Fiat 500, Mini or Velocitor.

There can be a balance between making a car look playful and sporty and making it serious enough for a mateur driver that wants basic transportation. On the other hand, Ford should be thinking about losing a few 50 year old buyers to Toyota or some other manufacturer that is better at making boring cars so that they can get a lot more in their 20s.

I think you're onto something Wimp Lo. I'd love to see the Fiesta start being made in Germany, or even the United States. I'm less than excited to see it done in a factory in asia some where, but I still would prefer to see it made rather than not made at all. Hopefully the ST badge will still appear on the (alleged) next gen. Fiesta as well.