Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Automotive Industry Pioneer and CEO of ModBargains Receives Congressional Recognition from Congressman John Campbell

Hey guys! We wanted to share a recent article about ModBargains that was just released not too long ago. We want to sincerely thank all our loyal customers and fans, we couldn't do it with out you! Thank you very much!

Automotive Industry Pioneer and CEO of ModBargains Receives Congressional Recognition from Congressman John Campbell

LA HABRA, CA (April 16th, 2014) – ModBargains CEO and co-founder Mike Brown has been awarded special Congressional recognition for Outstanding Business Leadership in the Automotive and Internet Space by U.S. Congressman John Campbell at a ceremony at the Congressman’s offices in Irvine, Calif.

Congressman Campbell is currently serving his fifth term in the U.S. House of Representatives. Prior to his election to public office, Campbell had a career spanning 25 years in the automotive industry representing numerous automobile brands, and was also an early member of the SEMA-supported State Automotive Enthusiast Leadership Caucus while serving in the California legislature.

“It is an honor to receive this recognition from Congressman Campbell. In addition to helping companies like ours grow and succeed within his District, he is also a well known automotive enthusiast and supporter of SEMA”, explains Mr. Brown. “But more importantly he has supported local business and new industry innovations, which is what we have tried to achieve in the automotive parts and accessories industry, leveraging social media and Internet technologies to fill an important void in the market.”

A pioneer in the automotive aftermarket industry, Orange County based ModBargains has used the Internet and popular social media channels like Facebook and YouTube to help address the fragmentation in the market. Providing what is essentially a digital information and knowledge-sharing platform for both its customers and manufacturers, the company has helped grow and redefine the market.

Mr. Brown was selected for this prestigious recognition from the Congressmen based on his contributions to helping modernize the automotive parts and aftermarket industry via internet-based and social technologies. Through ModBargains, he was able to demonstrate the power of having real-time, two-way conversations that are enabled through modern social media platforms, and the resulting important benefits such as driving efficiencies in the market, and improving the relationship between business and consumer; or as in this case the automotive enthusiasts.

“Our purpose at ModBargains is to share our expertise, experience, and enthusiasm in an effort to make the world a better place for automotive enthusiasts”, explains Mr. Brown.

More information on ModBargains can be found at www.modbargains.com, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ModBargains.

The full article can be found here on PR Newswire - http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...from-congressman-john-campbell-256025501.html
Article can also be found on our blog here - http://www.modbargains.com/mike-brown-congressional-recognition.htm

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That's great news guys. Please send our congratulations to Mike and team for job well done.[cheers]

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
All for the low, low price of a campaign contribution
believe it or not, it's simply being involved in the community. like, I am fairly low on the totem pole, but i'm fairly observant, so I see the guy going out constantly to do mentoring stuff over at Chapman College and doing chamber of commerce stuff.

From an employee's perspective, real talk here, It trips me out that the owner of my company is exactly the same age as me and has put this place together in a decade. it's pretty crazy and a hell of a success story to have a shop with 28 people workin for you, having grown from two dudes selling BMW parts in the library at Chapman.

It is a DRAMATIC culture shift as opposed to say, working for a baby boomer - and the one thing I did want to note here is that it thrills me to death I work at an automotive place where the head honchos are still passionate about cars. It killed me when I worked at a Camaro restoration parts supplier that the boss, with this awesome FLEET of vintage Chevrolets never showed or drove any of them and hadn't even driven a GM vehicle since the 80s. by contrast, Mike loves the hell out of his CTS-V and continually does stuff to it, and Ron's got his project 996 that's been slowly evolving. they both get out there, drive their cars and enjoy them - they're passionate and "get" the enthusiast community. More than that, there's established open communication with management - as in, they actually listen to you and are interested in what your input is.

I suppose it goes to show that if you're driven enough and work hard and work smart, Gen Y'ers like me can still achieve success even in these hard economic times.

believe it or not, it's simply being involved in the community. like, I am fairly low on the totem pole, but i'm fairly observant, so I see the guy going out constantly to do mentoring stuff over at Chapman College and doing chamber of commerce stuff.

From an employee's perspective, real talk here, It trips me out that the owner of my company is exactly the same age as me and has put this place together in a decade. it's pretty crazy and a hell of a success story to have a shop with 28 people workin for you, having grown from two dudes selling BMW parts in the library at Chapman.

It is a DRAMATIC culture shift as opposed to say, working for a baby boomer - and the one thing I did want to note here is that it thrills me to death I work at an automotive place where the head honchos are still passionate about cars. It killed me when I worked at a Camaro restoration parts supplier that the boss, with this awesome FLEET of vintage Chevrolets never showed or drove any of them and hadn't even driven a GM vehicle since the 80s. by contrast, Mike loves the hell out of his CTS-V and continually does stuff to it, and Ron's got his project 996 that's been slowly evolving. they both get out there, drive their cars and enjoy them - they're passionate and "get" the enthusiast community. More than that, there's established open communication with management - as in, they actually listen to you and are interested in what your input is.

I suppose it goes to show that if you're driven enough and work hard and work smart, Gen Y'ers like me can still achieve success even in these hard economic times.
I was only kidding...I like you guys and if I ever get my car, I will more than likely be purchasing some of your wares...keep up the good work