Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Awr motor mount set

Hey guys, I apologize if this is the wrong area for this post. I just recently installed the full awr motor mount set and so far I love em. Recently though, when in neutral, I've noticed some days the Nvh is way worse than others. Just curious if any of you guys have had this occur and if so what's the reasoning? Someday it's just my headliner near the map lights and sunroof controls others days it feels like my whole dash is ready to rips itself to pieces lol.

Business6

Have you taken a look at the mounts since installing them? Does this happen when the car is cold or at operating temp? Need more specifics here

Assuming there are no obvious issues then you may need to raise your idle to compensate for the increased stiffness of the mounts.

OP
Ganjie
Thread Starter #3
I installed and torqued everything to awr's recommended spec this past Thursday. My next day off is Wednesday. It happens at cold start and levels out and When engaging first solely on the clutch. As long as she's getting gas and usually when in neutral she's fine. Every once in a while she'll shake like crazy for a bit then calm down.

Business6

When it shakes, is there a dip in the idle or do the RPMs remain constant despite the shaking?

OP
Ganjie
Thread Starter #5
When it shakes, is there a dip in the idle or do the RPMs remain constant despite the shaking?
Slight dip but only happens when achieving idle. I I'll drop from 1000ish to 850 and that's where it'll stay.

Last edited:
I too installed a AWR transmission mount last week. NVH did settle after a week of driving but it’s still a bit too harsh for me, I have my idle set by my tuner at 900 rpm, I went back to my stock idle and the NVH is pretty bad, it’s pretty bad that I get negative corrections on take off lol. I do get a lot of NVH in the lower gears, same as you some times it will idle smoother and other times harsher, that’s just some of the cons of getting stiffer mounts

Business6

The negative corrections seems a genuine concern but I don't know if anyone has really looked into it.