Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BAD ASS car and my not to shappy FiST:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
It was barely longer than the FiST, lens on the camera made it look far bigger, it is tiny! Not sure which model but you do seem to know your McLaren's!

Notice the brake dust, garaged at the track, hard to imagine taking a car out like that....I have huge respect for those with the money and the balls to do so.

Craziest cars from the era were Shadows, insane!

Got to a historic race if you love cars, walk in the pits, talk to the owners which many are cool enough to talk to.....I have watched a Bird Cage race and talked to the owner, never will forget it.

You talking the old 1973 thru 77 Shadow-Cosworth F1 cars or their weird and wonky Can-Ams? The whole era was nuts...Jim Chaperal, Bruce McLaren, Carol, Enzo...all wizards and the drivers were gods with planets for gonads.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Can Ams but might as well toss in the 4 front wheel F1 Tyrells if talking about weird and wonky and Chaperal and the rest :)

Collin Chapman is the number one hero in my book, the less weight is better God of racing and his street cars and I always do what I can in reducing weight and promoting it, why I do not have a bunch of "braces" on my car.

Damn of all people I forgot about ACBC...he da man fasho! Add lightness he said...so much so that his F1 cars could barely make it half way thru a race and pretty much no driver would get behind the wheel due to extreme fear for his personal safety despite knowing that if all went well, they were sure to win the race.

We need more Colins these days. At least it seems the world is finally beginning to wake up to the reality that weight is the enemy. Range Rover is a good example...sort of. My pops-in-law's new Rangie is nearly 700 lbs. lighter than his old one lol!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I agree completely and why I am so anti weight adding on the forums though it does tick off a few people I want to get the word out to those not exposed to the truth and heavy wheels and tires are the biggest enemy of all, by far.

Those F1 cars from that era were all very deadly and his were the worst I am sure.

Ford F150, aluminum body
Audi A8, aluminum body
I am sure others, maybe even the new Range Rover
Lots of lighter weight high strength steel being used
More aluminum and composites showing up in generic cars and trucks