Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Banging/Misfire when starting the car?

2014 with approx 50k miles. Stock engine wise. I took a drive from San Antonio to D/FW to see family, and I drove it between 75-80 in 4-6 gears most of the time. I stopped to use the bathroom and when I started it up, it made a weird noise like a misfire type bang noise just when it starts. I got to the family home and let it cool overnight, but it still does it. Not sure if I should be worried.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
2014 with approx 50k miles. Stock engine wise. I took a drive from San Antonio to D/FW to see family, and I drove it between 75-80 in 4-6 gears most of the time. I stopped to use the bathroom and when I started it up, it made a weird noise like a misfire type bang noise just when it starts. I got to the family home and let it cool overnight, but it still does it. Not sure if I should be worried.
Video of noise? Is the a check engine light on also?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My spark plugs back out all the time and I have to retorque them. It causes that among other things. Might check and make sure they’re torqued correctly. Edit: or replace them if they have 50k miles on them.

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #6
My spark plugs back out all the time and I have to retorque them. It causes that among other things. Might check and make sure they’re torqued correctly. Edit: or replace them if they have 50k miles on them.
Torque specs? 12lb/ft?

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #11
Update: Car makes what sounds like a mini backfire noise in low gear 1st or 2nd. If I hit the gas there is an audible pop/bang noise and feel( reminds me of one of those tunes).