Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Basic AP questions before installation

My AP was just delivered and I can't wait to install it. I've looked around though and can't find the answers to a couple questions:
  1. Do I need to download AP Manager and update the AP before marrying to my car?
  2. Is it worth saving the stock ECU program data before remapping to the OTS Stage 1 tune?
While I've had my Fist for several years, I've never used an AP before and don't want to brick the ECU.

I'll let a pro answer properly, but I haven't done either of those and 1 year later everything works fine and as far as I know the AP comes with a stock ECU tune (called Stage 0)

OP
our guile
Thread Starter #3
I've read about the Stage 0 tune and assumed it was the stock one, so I'm glad to hear someone confirm.

NOT A PRO - but to answer both questions
You need AP manager, I would update it first just in case - regardless if your AP is updated or not, when you plug in your AP to your car and marry it, the AP in itself will save a file of your vehicle. Then, when you plug in the AP to your computer again, you will see that file for you to save it yourself into the manager

I think ive updated the AP manager twice since flashing a tune and so far so good.

You don't have to update the AP, but you can. Depending on version, you may have updated firmware available and updated maps. Off the Shelf Cobb maps for the Fiesta are v506.

When you push the map, it will save the default map for you. To reinstall the default map, you essentially divorce the AP from the car. That will remove the installed map and put the default map back on the car.

The FiST is a great choice to keep the AP connected at all times. You can setup gauges to see a myriad of details and to use features such as flat foot shift and launch control.