Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Battery born on date

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
How old is TOO old when buying a new under hood battery? I have to pick one up for another car and dont want them selling me something thats been sitting on the shelf too long. Just curious on what your opinions are?

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #2
Also DieHard or Duralast? I saw a rando negative comment on Autozone Duralast and I've seen decent comments about Die Hard.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I try to get something that's no older than 6 months. Just replaced one in another car and it was 2 months old. Warranty starts the day you buy it and they have been in climate control in the store. I usually don't think about it much.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #4
I try to get something that's no older than 6 months. Just replaced one in another car and it was 2 months old. Warranty starts the day you buy it and they have been in climate control in the store. I usually don't think about it much.
I'll double check the dates on it, if its older than 6 months Ill either pass or ask for a juicy discount lol