Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Battery finally died on 2016

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I finally replaced my original battery from my 2017 FiST. I went with a Diehard battery from Advanced Auto which they installed. At first I thought the Gold tiered battery is a gel battery but it turns out that the Platinum tier is and is only 30$ more. I noticed these cars are battery intensive (like other modern cars) Just unlocking the doors turns on all the lights/infotainment system. My battery was low for awhile and I was getting a little under 30mpg. Now I’m getting slightly over. In the past I wanted to upgrade to a lighter battery. It is more cost/weight effective than carbon hood. But as a daily driver and my only car it does not make sense for me anymore.
In L.A., even for a daily driver (unless it is ALL short tripping), you probably could get away with a lower CCA/CA/reserve capacity, smaller and lighter AGM.

For those of us living where it drops below 25*F regularly (and lately below ZERO often), it is not such a great idea.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Has anybody tried the Motorcraft AGM battery (BAGM96R)? Seems like a bargain.
I didn't see that one as an option when I was looking for Group 96R AGM batteries two years ago. I think it may be a new battery. Good find, nice to have another one out there.
To answer your question, I have not seen any mention of anyone using it.

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I didn't see that one as an option when I was looking for Group 96R AGM batteries two years ago. I think it may be a new battery. Good find, nice to have another one out there.
To answer your question, I have not seen any mention of anyone using it.
Interestingly, it's the only Motorcraft battery that RockAuto is listing for the FiST right now ('17, anyway)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interestingly, it's the only Motorcraft battery that RockAuto is listing for the FiST right now ('17, anyway)
Yes, and their price is not bad, even with the core charge.
I wonder WHO manufactures this for Motorcraft? [dunno]

But, I cannot imagine what they will charge you for shipping this to your home (given their rep for making up for their low prices by slaughtering you on shipping and handling charges), or that the core return shipping cost would be any less than the core charge they are asking. [:(]

That Group 47 (just ever so slightly bigger overall than a 96R) Full River/Full Throttle AGM they have listed looks interesting.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Yes, and their price is not bad, even with the core charge.

But, I cannot imagine what they will charge you for shipping this to your home (given their rep for making up for their low prices by slaughtering you on shipping and handling charges), or that the core return shipping cost would be any less than the core charge they are asking. [:(]

That Group 47 (just ever so slightly bigger overall than a 96R) Full River/Full Throttle AGM they have listed looks interesting.
To my zip code, less than $15 to ship!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Even if it's manufactured by Purina it's gotta be better than a DieEasy... I mean "Hard".. πŸ˜‚

Having an alternative for stock 96R size in AGM is good news.
If the Motorcraft AGM in 96R doesn't prove decent, will have to reeducate myself on the Group 47 mod. πŸ™‚