Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BBK using OEM Calipers

Trader history for Adub (1)

OP
Adub
Thread Starter #4
Or you can do the Gold Coast Automotive kit... unbelievable difference just with 323mm Centric rotors and OEM calipers
Aware of this kit, however the concenus is that it only fits on 17"s at the moment and also requires drilling rotors.

jayrod1980

I thought some 16s would also fit? The drilling is only if you don’t buy the rotors from Gold Coast. I’m honestly shocked at how well the car stops and how strong the brakes are now. Car stops better, with more immediacy, and with less front end dive.

I will say though that those Whoosh brackets are very nice and light looking. I wonder how big the fronts on this kit is?

jayrod1980

To clarify, I have both front and back BBK from Gold Coast. The calipers don’t full every bit of the bigger rotors though so I recommend some high temp caliper paint on the first half to inch of the rotors so that you don’t get a strip of rust over the the inner diameter of the rotor.

SST

To clarify, I have both front and back BBK from Gold Coast. The calipers don’t full every bit of the bigger rotors though so I recommend some high temp caliper paint on the first half to inch of the rotors so that you don’t get a strip of rust over the the inner diameter of the rotor.

do you have pics on how the coverage looks like?
I have Focus SVT rear and i notice a bit of untouch area with rust/corrosion building up, doesn't look good to me

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have Focus SVT rear and i notice a bit of untouch area with rust/corrosion building up, doesn't look good to me
Get better rotors.