Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best aftermarket / parts website?

What sites do you all scour for parts? I see cjponyparts pop up a lot on google. I’m new to the ford platform, so I have no idea where to start. What is your go to website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spork1569

Agree with Whoosh Motorsports, lots of quality stuff and in house stuff is just as good if not better than name brand at times.

The for sale section here is awesome for picking up used parts as well if you don't care about new.

Whoosh Motor Sport but you can mix it with Mountune USA, FSWERKS, and BOOMBA.

Those websites always offer discount codes, good deals, and nice customer support.

Also going to have to say whoosh is where a majority of my parts have come from, you get a great selection of the best stuff plus Ron's whoosh brand of stuff which is top quality for a smaller price! The good thing is that if you ever run into a issue Ron will give great advice, will be quick to respond and is very knowledgable about our cars.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #6
Also going to have to say whoosh is where a majority of my parts have come from, you get a great selection of the best stuff plus Ron's whoosh brand of stuff which is top quality for a smaller price! The good thing is that if you ever run into a issue Ron will give great advice, will be quick to respond and is very knowledgable about our cars.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the replies. Whoosh seems to have a great website with lots of options. Will be checking out whoosh some more. I’m thinking an intake first. They will probably all add the same power, but which would sound the best (turbo sound BOV sound)? I’m thinking a short ram?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the replies. Whoosh seems to have a great website with lots of options. Will be checking out whoosh some more. I’m thinking an intake first. They will probably all add the same power, but which would sound the best (turbo sound BOV sound)? I’m thinking a short ram?
None of them are going to add much power by themselves. The open filter intakes will make the most noise, but at a cost of power as they suck in heated air, esp. a short ram. The intake isn’t a good starting point for the FiST.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #8
None of them are going to add much power by themselves. The open filter intakes will make the most noise, but at a cost of power as they suck in heated air, esp. a short ram. The intake isn’t a good starting point for the FiST.
Will a drop in high flow filter do the trick?

Spork1569

For the money a good drop in filter adds some noise and a bit more torque, definitely worth the 40 or so bucks they costs.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes, that's what a lot of people start with, but compared to exhaust, which makes exactly zero power on a stock turbo, intakes CAN add a little, but that's maybe 5hp/10tq on average. A super loud cowl induction one by 2JR makes 10/20 but is also SUPER loud. An e30 tune alone is what makes the most power, and an upgraded FMIC will keep your charge temps down so you have good charge temps/power pull after pull.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

The itg intake will add some serious sound people love it. I have a ST200 airbox.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Cant say enough good things about my dealings with Whoosh. Seems like he sells only the good or great stuff, you can tell it's a knowledgeable shop thats really into these cars. Not just spamming shit they know will sell.

As for intakes I did a barely used but like new ST200 box and a drop in. I didnt want the noise and valued OEM+ quality and performance above all else. Lots of nice open element options as well but those just weren't for me this time.

Do some research, youtubing etc and you will find what you are after. Dont buy the first thing if the money is burning a hole in your pocket.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #14
Seems like the 2JR might be too loud! The ITG has peaked my interest, although a quick search says it is a UK part and is difficult to install into our US version?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The CPE intake is noisy and still uses the stock snorkel, with an extra air hole like the mountune / st200 box. It is nice show piece but has a higher price-tag. Truthfully, a high-flow filter will be plenty for most uses in whatever box you choose.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For any Cobb OTS tune, yes. Once you start to dip into other tuners and custom tunes then you'll see some gains with a larger cross-over pipe and, perhaps, an induction hose. Some intakes, like the cp-e, upgrade the air box, filter, and the tract to all the way to the turbo. Search the forums: Dizzy wrote a nice post that details the gains found with different intake configurations.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's a filter laying in the rain tray/cowl so it seems like that may be a possibility.
I've heard that claim but I haven't heard of anyone that actually has the J2 intake complain about anything but the noise. It takes a lot of suck to pull a little bit of water off of a body panel.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Seems like the 2JR might be too loud! The ITG has peaked my interest, although a quick search says it is a UK part and is difficult to install into our US version?

there was a member here that had a tough time but to be quite honest the UK instructions are 90+% good for the US fitment as well. You just need to be a little more creative moving some of the wiring around to clear the path for the pipe pass through the the fender area. Very easy.
We actually have started moving a ton of the itg in the past 6 months. Far surpassed other intakes on the site. Maybe due to the price reduction as well which is a direct result of bringing in 30-50pcs at a time instead of 5