Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Tire in 205/45/16

spinedoc

My son has a 16 Fiesta ST. The previous owner put 16 inch rims on it with 205/45/16 tires. He needs new tires and I wanted to see what anyone likes in that size. Any suggestions? He needs some durability as he travels from Pennsylvania to South Carolina.

Thank you

Fiestig

I have a set of 205 45 16 Federal Formoza FD2 for long highway trips. You can find them pretty reasonable and I have no complaints. I have a bout 4k on them. (I switch between a 17" street set and 16" highway set).

Previous to that I used 205/50/16 which I think I actually like a bit more because of the extra cushion.

What kind of tire are you looking for?

Winters: I'll defer to someone else because I don't have much experience with winter only

All-season - General G-Max AS-05 - very long life
Summer tire- Firestone Firehawk Indy-500 - long life
Auto-x - Bridgestone Potenza RE-71 - not long life

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you actually NEED a tiny bit of 'winter capability' in an all season (but NOWHERE NEAR the abilities of an actual true winter tire);

Continental DWS-06, or the Vredestein Quadrac 5, but this last one you would have to move up to a 215/45-16 to use on a 16" wheel.

the duke

Please extrapolate what the tire will be used for. Conditions, weather, etc. there are a lot of tires for a multitude of purposes, “best tire” is far to general a requirement

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
He needs some durability as he travels from Pennsylvania to South Carolina.
Thank you
I see the OP has not replied to your queries on which type of tire, but referencing his statement above, even w/o knowing how often or in what seasons AND how long the stay is in Erie and SC, I say All Season in 205/45 for good handling or 205/50 for ride comfort on all roads, but less performance.

SPINEDOC, we could use that feedback to provide you feedback. I'm going to assume that his son is attending the Citadel or is Active Duty in Chasn, Beaufort, etc. If that's the case, A/S for sure.

1607539409747.png