Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big turbo mileage/reliability (e30 vs 93)

Stkid93

Premium Account
Hey guys,

Looking to start a mileage thread for those running hybrid or bigger turbos while seeing if e30 cars are more reliable please post which turbo you are running along with

- how many miles are on the car
- how many miles you have been running the bigger turbo
- any issues or reliability problems and suggestions on avoiding said problems if you have any advice
- Also please post if you are running e30 or 93.

I have a theory that card running e30+ will be much safer and more reliable due to knock resistance. I don’t know about our cars but I know knock is what kills almost every single Subaru, it’s what destroys the ringlands and I image knock and beat are what destroys our motors as well. Ethanol helps tremendously with both of these. this is why I only run e30+ on my fist and would NEVER drive a Subaru on 93.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have ran a Garret Gen2 GTX2860R by ATP and now DHM360R/ GTX Gen2 GTX W/Tial .52 Exhaust housing. Both on 93 OCt and E50 4port Aux for a combined 45K* Demolished the Input shaft on my Trans @ 78k. Got Clarke Built Trans W/ Mfactory and now a Wavetrac & RTS Twin friction clutch w/ SMF. I also got the Transmission replaced @ 26k under warranty with No Major mods. [driving]

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
@TyphoonFiST

so are the fists transmissions weak? I know the auto trans are known to be stupid bad. But you are the first person I’ve seen talking about problems with the 6 speed, let alone multiple problems.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
@TyphoonFiST

so are the fists transmissions weak? I know the auto trans are known to be stupid bad. But you are the first person I’ve seen talking about problems with the 6 speed, let alone multiple problems.
I am not the only One* There are multiple of us of have had bearing failure and the input shaft disintegrate. I have been on this forum since 15' i've seen it all. Modded or un-modded it does happen.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
@TyphoonFiST

I didn’t say you were the only person I said you were the only person I’ve seen, there’s a difference. I just bought my fist 2 months ago and I’m still learning and still researching. So something that’s not new to you, is new to me.

When i had my clutch and diff done, the mech said the shaft would definitely be a issue with double hp figures or more. Pay to play :)