Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bigger water-oil heat exchanger for better engine oil cooling ?

Does it exist?
During dyno testing was the engine oil temperature at the beginning 103 deg.C, after 17sec. of testing was it 109 deg.C.
In the oil sump - where it is coldest.
Assuming the oil temperature at the first piston ring is +110 deg.C and that even the best fully syntetic engine oil burns at 240 deg.C, is it not perfect.
I would like to improve it by simple replace original heat exchanger with bigger one.
I know that it does exist many possibilities to install the second circuit of the engine oil cooling by simple air/oil cooler addition.
But having one circuit on the engine, I would prefer to improve it and not install another.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The more important question would be even IF it does exist, would it actually FIT into that already space-less area of our engine bay? [dunno]

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Probably not since there is a large selection of aftermarket oil coolers. You would run into issues with the oil filter hitting the radiator and possibly other clearance issues.