Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

biggest tire size on 17x9?

Hi everyone I am sitting on some 18x9 rims with 195 40 r17 tires for a stance look. I am undergoing a turbo upgrade so I plan on getting much stickier tires and a little wider, sitting on 9" wide rims whats the biggest tire size I can run? I have BC coilovers as well so I am willing to run functional camber to help not rub aswell, also I had my front fenders rolled. thanks for your help! Ps. I think at first I had 215s and was lowering springs and I didn't clear the fender sat on the tire with these rims.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
215/35-18 or 225/35-18

Anything else is going to be either way too tall, or way too wide (or BOTH) to fit without MAJOR flares, and the BCs will probably NOT allow you to get the ride height high enough to even fit these. [:(]

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
215/35-18 or 225/35-18

Anything else is going to be either way too tall, or way too wide (or BOTH) to fit without MAJOR flares, and the BCs will probably NOT allow you to get the ride height high enough to even fit these. [:(]
Sorry it was a type I actually have 17” wheels not 18 , but thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yokohama stopped making a 225/35-17 tire, so you are pretty much limited to a 215/40-17, which on a 9" wide wheel will still give you at least some of that 'stancer's stretch' you so desire. [wink]

Unless you raise the car up higher than you would ever want to (or again, flare it radically), and try to fit a 225/45-17.

The ONLY 225/40-17 made is a Hoosier road race or autocross SLICK, with a 40 tread wear rating, and totally unusable on the street.