Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein PSS B14 CoilOvers vs ______

I bought my fiesta 2 months ago and am ready to do some upgrading, since i don't wanna mess up my drivetrain warranty i figured i would start with mods that aren't engine related. I am just wondering what options i would have for coilovers or even just a spring upgrade. I would like to drop the car a little, but still like the ride of the stock suspension and don't want to mess the ride quality up. Rally not sure if i need the coiler or if i could just go with the Eibach pro-plus kit. All help is appreciated!!

If you want some very nice track springs, swift springs makes the best for our cars. 212lbs spring rates and 1.0" drop. 4X910R is the manufacture number

OP
jakep563
Thread Starter #4
What about anti-sway bars with the bilstein coils?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have the bilsteins and ride quality is much better than stock. Can go stock ride height or drop it very low.
Do you have the part number handy of the one you installed? I do also want stock height but I think you need to get the regular Fiesta variant instead of the ST variant.

Do you have the part number handy of the one you installed? I do also want stock height but I think you need to get the regular Fiesta variant instead of the ST variant.
I don't know the part number. I know they were for a non ST Fiesta though. The guy I got them from even ran them on a Mazda 2.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I don't know the part number. I know they were for a non ST Fiesta though. The guy I got them from even ran them on a Mazda 2.
Thanks. I know which one. And you were able to do stock ST height? My plan is lowered in the summer back to stock height in winter.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yes and no. Bilstein has two coilovers that fit the Fiesta ST. The Fiesta non ST part# 47-167490 and the Fiesta ST part#47-242043. So the question on the table (for me) is does the non ST with the lowered height that is provided to the regular Fiesta equal the stock height of the ST?

Yes and no. Bilstein has two coilovers that fit the Fiesta ST. The Fiesta non ST part# 47-167490 and the Fiesta ST part#47-242043. So the question on the table (for me) is does the non ST with the lowered height that is provided to the regular Fiesta equal the stock height of the ST?
Thanks alot ! They are 100 bucks apart Bilstein for non-ST and Bilstein for ST

The ST is 15mm lower than the stock non-ST Fiesta and taking from what StayPuft said, it seems you can adjust it to the stock ride height with the non-ST Bilsteins.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks alot ! They are 100 bucks apart Bilstein for non-ST and Bilstein for ST

The ST is 15mm lower than the stock non-ST Fiesta and taking from what StayPuft said, it seems you can adjust it to the stock ride height with the non-ST Bilsteins.
Awesome those links really helped answer my question. So for my goals of Stock for winter and lower for summer the 47-167490 would be the way to go.

Glad I could help ! Here are some other threads with good information also : Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers for Fiesta ST

Direct quote from chalituna from this thread : Bilstein PSS B14 CoilOvers
I still have mine, the non-ST one, and I love them still. It's a great balance of comfort and firm. I honestly think these are more comfortable than the stock suspension while being better around corners.

I was actually fortunate to have a chat with Bilstein staff when I visited SEMA this year and the staff informed me that the only difference between the non-st and the st specific coilover is the travel distance and the valving. The ST specific model also allow the ride height to be even lower compared to the non-st spec but the hub mount and everything else is exactly the same apparently.
Another information-filled thread : Bilstein Coilover Adjustment

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

KKaWing

Now the fun is finding them on our side of the border without donating limbs. Thanks again.
Shopping Cart
Product Quantity SubTotal

47-167490
SKU:
47-167490
Fits the following vehicle:
2015 FORD Fiesta

Delete

$1,105.72 (CAD)

Shipping And Tax Estimate
Shipping: (Priority Mail InternationalĀ®) $215.12 (CAD)
Tax: $0.00 (CAD)

^ allshocks.com
Total: $1,320.83 (CAD)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Shopping Cart
Product Quantity SubTotal

47-167490
SKU:
47-167490
Fits the following vehicle:
2015 FORD Fiesta

Delete

$1,105.72 (CAD)

Shipping And Tax Estimate
Shipping: (Priority Mail InternationalĀ®) $215.12 (CAD)
Tax: $0.00 (CAD)

^ allshocks.com
Total: $1,320.83 (CAD)
Thanks. Duty has to be calculated on top of that. I also found http://www.bilsteincanada.com/

KKaWing

Thanks. Duty has to be calculated on top of that. I also found http://www.bilsteincanada.com/
Ooh, they ship from BC. If they don't have a warehouse or office in Ontario, no tax. Auto parts is 8% so 21% on coilovers and 13% on shipping (do they tax shipping??). So with my horrible math, $1581.04 + brokerage if needed. Ouch.

Thanks. I know which one. And you were able to do stock ST height? My plan is lowered in the summer back to stock height in winter.
I'm able to go really low in the summer with smaller than stock tires 205/50/15 and I raise it up in the winter to fit larger than stock 185/60/15.

Ok so I just got off the phone with a bilstein rep.

Basically the spring rates for the ST and non-ST versions are within 1lbs in the front and 2lbs in the back of each other.

The only real difference on the spring side is the fronts have a progessive spring on the ST version compared to the linear spring in the non-ST version.

I am guessing the change in travel distance that chalituna mentionned is maybe due to the progressive vs linear springs ? The rep didin't mention anything about travel distance.

Valving is also near identical from what he told me. He did not know why the ST kit was more expensive than the other one.

I also asked the bilstein rep if you could keep stock ride height with the coilovers and he said no. Minimum drop is 25mm in the front and 20mm in the back.

The non-ST version drops the same amount. I know that StayPuft said that he could raise them to stock ride height and I am not saying he is wrong, I am just repeating what the Bilstein rep told me over the phone.

Since the stock fiesta is 15mm higher than the ST, I asked if that would mean a minimum of 10mm drop in front and 5mm in the rear by using the non-ST coil (25-15 & 20-15) and he said that he didin't know and he could not assume that it would work.

He also strongly advised me to get the ST specific variant since they have tested it specifically for the ST version.