Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein PSS B14 CoilOvers

Bilstein PSS B14 CoilOvers - Ford Fiesta ST 2011-14 PN# 47-167490 F4-HE5-G749-H0

Has anyone installed these Blistein's before? Only information I can find is on ModBargains and it references old/new part numbers when I cruise the www. Curious as I have 10% cash back at Amazon so if these are legit, http://tinyurl.com/o8a3qo6 ~ $733 shipped [pcpunch]

Ford Part # F4-HE5-G749-H0
Manufacturer Part Number: 47-167490 , F4HE5G749H0

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-123792307.html?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I've been looking at these coilovers for awhile as well. Only reviews I've seen were for the coilover made for the regular fiesta/Mazda 2. Keep your eye out they are two different part numbers but apparently both work. I'd rather go with the one designed for the fiesta st

OP
ShadowInDaNight
Thread Starter #4

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm looking to get that very setup come summer. I ran Bilstein coils on an 04 VW R32 i had and absolutely LOVED the setup. Not too harsh but still buttoned down. So perfect. I've run KW V2s, Koni's, H&R cup kit, BC racing (HATE) and the Bilstein were BY FAR the best setup i've ever driven on. I'm really looking forward to running them again.

I was getting way more expensive hits than modbargains listing. I knew there had to something wrong there. Glad you dug up the part number. [twothumb]

The proper kit at the expected price point --> http://www.steedafiesta.com/bilstein-b14-pss-suspension-kit-14-15-st-395-47-242043/

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Bilstein, great company, great parts, I run them on my trucks and have for decades but only had one set on a car that came with them, they just never had what I particularly needed unless it was to be a custom built setup but I was able to get what I wanted in other brands more readily.

What I do not care for on the ST setup is progressive springs, great for street and most spirited driving but not great on a track as they tend to act like hitting a bump stop, going from soft to hard rather abruptly which under the right circumstances can happen on the street as well. This can severely upset the car, cause loss of grip, put in danger.

It is not just this brand, any progressive spring, I do not ever recall seeing them on a race car or highly modded street/track very quick car.

Comparing brands I have had a great many all the way up to 2-way Moton and 3-way custom Ohlins ($$$$$$$$) I bought the BC setup, race spec, as it was all I could get at the time and am quite satisfied with them so far though only 5,000 miles on them but around 200 laps all out at MMP in Utah and the car was amazingly fast and easy to drive at and past the limit, I was testing to get to know what the car would do it pushed to hard when on more dangerous tracks.

I bought the BC as an interim setup while waiting to see what hits the market but have not found anything I want to try yet.

--------

I am sure this is a great set of coilovers (front) shock and spring (rear) but I would not advise it for a seriously track oriented build.
(of course I could be wrong but not to likely though it proven so I would amend my position:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Bilstein, great company, great parts, I run them on my trucks and have for decades but only had one set on a car that came with them, they just never had what I particularly needed unless it was to be a custom built setup but I was able to get what I wanted in other brands more readily.

What I do not care for on the ST setup is progressive springs, great for street and most spirited driving but not great on a track as they tend to act almost like hitting a bump stop, going from soft to hard rather abruptly which under the right circumstances can happen on the street as well. This can severely upset the car, cause loss of grip, put you in danger.

It is not just this brand, any progressive spring, I do not ever recall seeing them on a race car or highly modded street/track very quick car.

Comparing brands I have had a great many all the way up to 2-way Moton and 3-way custom Ohlins ($$$$$$$$) I bought the BC setup, race spec, as it was all I could get at the time and am quite satisfied with them so far though only 5,000 miles on them but around 200 laps all out at MMP in Utah and the car was amazingly fast and easy to drive at and past the limit, I was testing to get to know what the car would do it pushed to hard when on more dangerous tracks.

I bought the BC as an interim setup while waiting to see what hits the market but have not found anything I want to try yet.

--------

I am sure this is a great set of coilovers (front) shock and spring (rear) but I would not advise it for a seriously track oriented build.
(of course I could be wrong but not to likely though it proven so I would amend my position:)

Young L

talked with a English guy who was selling a set and he said he loved them, he's the only one ive come across so far. Cant go wrong with Bilstein products quality is always top

I'm selling a brand new set for a guy whose FiST was totalled by a young driver. These are still in box as he never got to install them, shame we're in Australia as he is looking for well below what they cost him.

I am loving mine, a little soft for track but an excellent street setup. So much more comfortable than the stock shocks.
Heads up I head to file the hole a little for the rear struts at the tower because the nut Bilstein uses is bigger than the stock Ford ones and it will squeak otherwise.
I'm putting in sway bars and a lot more chassis bracing so I'm curious how the B14's will respond to them.

I previously ran the stock shocks with H&R springs and the ride was way too harsh for my liking and ride height was quite low. I would rub fairly often on my 215/40/17's

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm selling a brand new set for a guy whose FiST was totalled by a young driver. These are still in box as he never got to install them, shame we're in Australia as he is looking for well below what they cost him.
Price? Willing to ship to US? PM me if you want

Price? Willing to ship to US? PM me if you want
Looks like they are sold. with the shipping cost it wouldnt have been worth it for you US guys. Was asking $1200AUD +shipping. For us to currently get them its over $1700AUD, these are still in box unopened.

Can u give us a short review?
Install
Mine came with the tophats already installed on the fronts so I didn't have to assemble them with a spring compressor or whatever tool would be needed. That made it a lot faster. Basically same install as any coil over. 3 bolts on top 2 or 3 bolts behind the wheels for the fronts. Rears theres 2 or 3 bolts.

Setting ride height
Very straight forward to adjust the height. You adjust the 2 nuts up or down and voila. I got mine used so they were close to where I wanted them right out of the box. It took some back and forth as far as fine tuning goes, but it's not difficult by any means. Just a little time consuming to go from corner to corner.

Ride Quality
First of all this isn't a racecar and I'm not a racecar driver. I wanted improved ride over the jarring bumps on the stock suspension with some added looks. Some people comment that this kit isn't that hardcore for handling, and that's what's perfect for me. My fun driving is on-ramps and random turns not the racetrack. The ride now is more supple. it's sporty without being harsh. I don't bounce over every crack on the interstate now. It generally feels more planted, definitely less body roll. I put about 3,000 miles on them so far and I couldn't be happier. Just installed my winter wheel and tires and raised the right height back up. It was really easy, and the ride is almost too good with the 185/60/15 tires, maybe even plush.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I hope they still have the lifetime warranty I used to get on their shocks and struts, I had 100k+ miles and years of use on a set that went bad and they were replaced for free:)

I am likely to sell my big trailer and dually next spring and downzise to an 06 or 07.5 single rear wheel Duramax, loved my last one, it will most likely have Bilsteins on it right away.

For those not tracking their cars this is a great brand to do with!

I still have mine, the non-ST one, and I love them still. It's a great balance of comfort and firm. I honestly think these are more comfortable than the stock suspension while being better around corners.

I was actually fortunate to have a chat with Bilstein staff when I visited SEMA this year and the staff informed me that the only difference between the non-st and the st specific coilover is the travel distance and the valving. The ST specific model also allow the ride height to be even lower compared to the non-st spec but the hub mount and everything else is exactly the same apparently.

I was actually fortunate to have a chat with Bilstein staff when I visited SEMA this year and the staff informed me that the only difference between the non-st and the st specific coilover is the travel distance and the valving. The ST specific model also allow the ride height to be even lower compared to the non-st spec but the hub mount and everything else is exactly the same apparently.
So I am guessing that if you wanted to keep the FiST near stock ride height the non-ST set would be the one to get, since the lowering listed for it is from the standard Fiesta and it is about 1" higher than the ST?