Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bleeding cooling system?

Chuckable

I did a quick search and didn't see anything specific. Does anyone have the proper workshop manual procedure for bleeding the cooling system? I removed the turbo coolant return line today to get the heat shield back (after downpipe install) on and lost a bit of coolant. In the past I've just used the bleed port on the radiator, but I've never lost as much coolant as today. Any help is much appreciate [wrenchin]

koozy

3000 Post Club
I did a quick search and didn't see anything specific. Does anyone have the proper workshop manual procedure for bleeding the cooling system? I removed the turbo coolant return line today to get the heat shield back (after downpipe install) on and lost a bit of coolant. In the past I've just used the bleed port on the radiator, but I've never lost as much coolant as today. Any help is much appreciate [wrenchin]
easy, there's a bleeder on the top middle of the radiator. loosen or temporarily remove the bleeder cap, pour in coolant into the reservoir until coolant starts to come out of the bleeder hole and then cap it. Top off the reservoir to the "max" line and that's it. I recently installed a DHM turbo kit loosing about half a gallon and that's all I had to do.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've never bleed mine... Add coolant. Let it get warm. Drive it a short distance. Parking it and let the car cool completely off. Then fill the tank back up to the "full" line. Beat its guts in a few days and check it again, but it will likely be fine.