Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blow Off Valves

New to boost, opening to learning everything I can. Whenever I buy a BOV, is there anything else I need to do to help prevent any long term damage to the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bovs don't inherently cause damage to the car but they are important because they relieve unneeded or unused pressure the turbo makes by allowing an exit other than the combustion Chambers. Stick with a good quality turbosmart or tial and you shouldn't have an issue. Also depending on the amount of boost you run you may need an external bov. For me I'm running 34 so that's why I opted for a tial bov on the cold side pipe.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

6000 Post Club
Premium Account
Vacuum operated/Mechanical BOVs will always be more dependable than Electronic BPVs or BOVs. I have a Tial with my Gen2 And it has worked flawless even through the Depth of winter.

RubenZZZ

Go on YouTube and listen to the different brands of BOVs to find the one you like.

I currently run a Turbosmart piece, but will likely swap to a HKS SSQ unit once I find a cheap used one.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Go on YouTube and listen to the different brands of BOVs to find the one you like.

I currently run a Turbosmart piece, but will likely swap to a HKS SSQ unit once I find a cheap used one.

I’ve always loved the sound of a HKS, but I’m leaning more towards Turbosmart at the moment.

New to boost, opening to learning everything I can. Whenever I buy a BOV, is there anything else I need to do to help prevent any long term damage to the car?
Keep away from others that consider it annoying/obnoxious and just an ego inflator. Never know when a neighbor might get tired of it. lol

I’ve always loved the sound of a HKS, but I’m leaning more towards Turbosmart at the moment.
BOVs on the FiST is a cool topic because of how many options there are. Normally I'm a fan of crowd-sourcing but I would also highly recommend personal research. Each BOV type has different pros/cons sounds/performance. I'd dig in to see which aligns with your long term build goals.

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
BOVs on the FiST is a cool topic because of how many options there are. Normally I'm a fan of crowd-sourcing but I would also highly recommend personal research. Each BOV type has different pros/cons sounds/performance. I'd dig in to see which aligns with your long term build goals.
I went with the Turbosmart Kompact BOV from Mountune!