Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba rmm owners please help!

So I just got and installed a boomba rmm. I purchased it knowing there would be some vibration and a long break-in period but gosh this thing is crazy!
(I know it isn't the best pic but the mosquitoes were swarming)

20160606_163330 - Copy.jpg

I have quarters going airborne in my drink holders and can't hear my res delete and depo catless exhaust anymore over the noise of the whole car vibrating. It can't even be drown out with my stereo. I tried torquing things differently but that didn't change anything.

So here is my question, will this thing settle down to its more mild idle vibes when driving eventually? Right now I don't feel comfortable letting anyone ride with me. In between 1500-2.5k rpm it is like driving a giant vibrator and doesn't completely go away above that right now. I don't mind sticking it out if gets better I'm just wondering if it is worth waiting it out. Also if someone else had this much trouble from theirs and has some tips on how to calm it down please share. Thanks.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
No between 1500-2500 or so it vibrates a lot. Life of a super stiff motor mount. If you want softer go Cobb or almost any other mount

Mine got slightly better after 1500 miles or so but I switched up to a cp-e and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XuperXero

It was horrible for the first couple thousand km, but now only vibrates under 1500 rpm. Cold weather is a different story though.

Mine is well broken in and still had some vibration. It has settled down a ton though. Just gotta get through the shifty part

If you noticed when you took out the oem mount there was grease in certain places on the mount, I replicated that with some grease I had laying around. Also I ended up putting it up on ramps and loosening and re-torquing all the nuts and bolts that seemed to help the most with mine.

I've had mine on for 2-3 weeks now. It has calmed down some, but still get a good amount at low rpms. It's a lot worse if you have the a/c on.

The first week or so was the worst.

If you noticed when you took out the oem mount there was grease in certain places on the mount, I replicated that with some grease I had laying around. Also I ended up putting it up on ramps and loosening and re-torquing all the nuts and bolts that seemed to help the most with mine.

That grease was from your cv joint. The RMM is meant to be dry.

OP
B
Thread Starter #10
That is the second time I have seen someone say that grease helped. I will have to do that and see what happens. The noise is one of the biggest annoyances to me. Everyone keeps saying give it a chance though so I'll wait till the end of the summer and see what I think after about 2-3k miles. Thanks for all the input and shared experiences!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Give it a couple months....I've had mine on for 5k and it's better than it was at first. It will be more noticeable with the a/c on but at lower Rpms. Chick's love a vibrating car....haven't you figured that out? Hehe.....if you don't like it in 6 months take it off and re-sell it. That's all I can say about that....[rockon]

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Biggest piece of advice we give our customers is to re-torque the bolts after the first few hundred miles, and that it will break in after 1,000-2,000 miles. Also, if you are running an aftermarket tune you can have your tuner bump your idle by 100 RPM or so to help balance out some of the vibes.

Definitely not from my cv joints. The car only have 1k on the odometer when I did the install and it was spotless.

If that grease isn't from your passenger-side inner CV joint, then your FiST is the only one in existence that didn't spin some grease out. All of them have done this from the factory, it's not a problem tho. I encourage you to look again.

If that grease isn't from your passenger-side inner CV joint, then your FiST is the only one in existence that didn't spin some grease out. All of them have done this from the factory, it's not a problem tho. I encourage you to look again.
Will do next time I have it up in the air.